mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Evergreen area riding for out of towners

You guys and girls were super helpful a few months ago when I posted that my s/o and I are planning to move to CO sometime in the near future. We have a trip planned to look for work, housing, good bike trails, etc. the week of May 15. Can you guys help me out again and give me some good trails we can hit while we are out there (think Evergreen area). And if anyone is available during the week to show us the good trails that would be fantastic. The 13th and 14th we're spending with friends (they don't ride) and we're flying out on Sat 5/20 so we have Monday thru Friday to ride.
    And I'm saying we'll be in the Evergreen area, because if possible we don't want to travel too far to ride because (hopefully) we'll be meeting with employers, etc. and will have stuff going on.
    Thanks!

Nadine
    [SIZE="1"]We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.[/SIZE]

www.mtbnj.com

mutaullyassuredsuffering

I live in Evergreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Neen
    You guys and girls were super helpful a few months ago when I posted that my s/o and I are planning to move to CO sometime in the near future. We have a trip planned to look for work, housing, good bike trails, etc. the week of May 15. Can you guys help me out again and give me some good trails we can hit while we are out there (think Evergreen area). And if anyone is available during the week to show us the good trails that would be fantastic. The 13th and 14th we're spending with friends (they don't ride) and we're flying out on Sat 5/20 so we have Monday thru Friday to ride.
    And I'm saying we'll be in the Evergreen area, because if possible we don't want to travel too far to ride because (hopefully) we'll be meeting with employers, etc. and will have stuff going on.
    Thanks!

Nadine

I'd be happy to ride in the evenings and point out some trails, but the old work thing will keep me busy during the day.

I missed the previous thread.... I think... so this is what I would do.

Within 10 min
    Big Elk Meadows/Bergen peak
    3 Sisters/ Evergreen Mountain
    Lair ' o Bear/Bear Creek/Mt Falcon

15 min from evergreen (golden)

Apex (technical)
    Red Rocks/Matthew Winters/Dakota Ridge (technical)/Green Mountain

30-45min

Buffalo Creek from Pine Valley Ranch(smooth/high mileage)
    Golden Gate Park (Technical)
    White Ranch

Housing can be tricky, but don't give up. I don't know what your looking for, but housing in all price ranges is available. It can be hard not to get discouraged by the million dollar houses in the Bergen Area, but when you get near downtown evergreen things get much more affordable. The closer to I-70 you are, the more you will pay.

Have Fun! I love it up here, and would not trade!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for that very detailed info! Sure, evening rides would be great. We'd love to ride with some locals. We'll probably be peppering you with questions about the area the whole time. :-)
    Let me know when you would like to play tour guide.....
    (and as for housing, we are definately not looking in the million dollar price range! We plan to rent for a period of time to get to know the areas before purchasing anything).
    [SIZE="1"]We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.[/SIZE]

www.mtbnj.com

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Neen
    Thanks!

Nadine
    Check out www.teamevergreen.org

There is a mtn bike rides link. None of the rides are too far from evergreen.
    In fact the Wed. evening rides are quite fun and EVERYONE is welcome.
    for more info PM me.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke