Loser
    Mar 2008

Ever Had One Of Those Days...

Decided to try out the Colorado trail at Waterton Canyon today with a friend for the first time. Lets just say it was pathetic...I kept losing traction on climbs and I managed to crash a whopping 6 times. Now my leg looks like a mountain lion clawed me (thank you outer chain ring) and then decided to gnaw on it for a light afternoon snack...

About halfway thru our 20 mile loop I died for about 30 minutes. I had to do hike-a-bike up some stuff for a while. Then on the way down I narrowly missed a deer who decided to cross the trail in front of me (causing one of my epic crashes).

Now I am seriously questioning my ability to ride a bike...some of the stuff I crashed on was pathetic. Also, I spent the whole ride fighting with to stay clipped in. My cleats kept releasing for no reason at all (even with the tension all the way up). There's nothing like doing a switchback and losing your grip on the pedal. I had to grab onto a tree one time to prevent myself from tumbling down the mountain. I guess the Colorado trail god's are pissed that the canyon is closing tomorrow...bad voodoo or something. Nothing went right. Either that or I just suck.

Total damage: Scraped up the side of my bike pretty bad. Tons of scratches on the chainstays from losing the chain on a few downhills. Mangled legs. Shattered ego.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Stick with it!

My best scar from my lip to lower jaw is a product of that trail after going otb and landing square on the side of my face! 18 stitches - 6 inside and 12 outer. Yeah it was that deep! I had ridden it many times but was going a bit fast that day!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog