mtbr member

Estes Park in July: paging S-Works and ignazjr

I'm thinking about attending an optometry conference in Estes Park in July. I would definitely bring my bike and wonder what the close-by riding opportunities are like. I could probably drive 15-20 minutes to get to a ride but I would need to attend some classes too.

On topic: trail info from Dave at Redstone Cyclery (Lyons is close to Estes Park, right?)
    ...Or anyone else who knows trails around Estes Park would be much appreciated.

Off-topic: Hey S-Works. What's this conference like. Have you ever attended it John?
    Last edited by KRob; 03-20-2008 at 11:18 PM.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    I'm thinking about attending an optometry conference in Estes Park in July. I would definitely bring my bike and wonder what the close-by riding opportunities are like. I could probably drive 15-20 minutes to get to a ride but I would need to attend some classes too.

On topic trail info from Dave at Redstone Cyclery (Lyons is close to Estes Park, right?)
    ...Or anyone else who knows trails around Estes.

On a off-topic note, what's this conference like. Have you ever attended it John?
    The riding is good. See here Lyons Fat Tire Fest VI this weekend and here Lions Gulch - for my top 2 picks. A little further is SSV and the Sourdough. Great stuff all around, some of my favorite riding anywhere. If you make the trip out, I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks to ride with!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

ride
    KRob, that's great that you'll be able to ride in our neck of the woods. I've got a few bikes you could ride, too, so don't feel like you need to bring a bike out. If you can drive 15-20 minutes you are good to go. Lots of terrain around there that I think you will really, really like (ie steep, technical, etc). Definitely give me a shout as you get closer to the date. I would love to tour guide.

dave
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    The riding is good. See here Lyons Fat Tire Fest VI this weekend and here Lions Gulch - for my top 2 picks. A little further is SSV and the Sourdough. Great stuff all around, some of my favorite riding anywhere. If you make the trip out, I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks to ride with!
    Thanks for the links. That riding looks sweet. A nice mix of high alpine ST and some ledgy, rocky, tech. I'd seen some of the posts from the Lyons FTF before and when I learned it was close to Estes Park and that there's an optometry meeting there in July, I started scheming a work/ride trip. We'll see if it works out. I hope so. I had this on my plans to try 4-5 years ago and it didn't happen.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    KRob, that's great that you'll be able to ride in our neck of the woods. I've got a few bikes you could ride, too, so don't feel like you need to bring a bike out. If you can drive 15-20 minutes you are good to go. Lots of terrain around there that I think you will really, really like (ie steep, technical, etc). Definitely give me a shout as you get closer to the date. I would love to tour guide.

dave
    Hey Dave. Thanks for the generous offer. Speaking of bikes, which bike would be best for your terrain. Some of the stuff on the links looks to be solidly in the HH100x category.... but lots of it looks to be squarely in 6.6 territory. FS 29er?

ride
    If you're going to bring a bike, definitely bring the 6.6. Otherwise, I have a Sultan or a Spider 29er for you (cause I know you're itching for a 29er ). I'll probably have a few other choices by then, too.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO