mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Equestrian Riding Event in Buffalo Creek Tomorrow

Heads up folks. If you're thinking of riding in Buffalo Creek tomorrow (Saturday 6/6), be forewarned. There is an equestrian riding event taking place with 60 horses competing. They start at 8:00 am and will be out on the trails all day. About the only trails that are not part of their route are those that you access from Pine Valley Ranch including Buck Gulch, Skipper, Strawberry Jack, Charlies Cutoff and part of Homestead. All of the other trails are part of the competition route. Good luck and happy trails.

FRMBP.org - Paying It Forward

Moosehead
    Great heads up, thanks Casey.

FWIW, there was a huge running club of what looked to be 50 +/- people out last night at LOTB on an organized outing. A good portion of the runners were super strong and just flying up and down the trail, it was cool.

All runners and MTBR's were pleasant and enjoyed the trail properly, but both groups would've obviously been happier without the other group clogging a great trail.

Maybe there is a way for MTBR to informally post varying trail events on the Front Range and help each other? COMBA? Jeffco?

not actually bad :)
    I still like the idea of the "Colorado - Front Range Calendar" up there ^, but it only goes through Dec of '08.
    If they can get that updated for us, I would be all for using it!

MODS?
    MODS????
    Old Codger

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Do you have a link to some official info?

Quote Originally Posted by casey
    Heads up folks. If you're thinking of riding in Buffalo Creek tomorrow (Saturday 6/6), be forewarned. There is an equestrian riding event taking place with 60 horses competing. They start at 8:00 am and will be out on the trails all day. About the only trails that are not part of their route are those that you access from Pine Valley Ranch including Buck Gulch, Skipper, Strawberry Jack, Charlies Cutoff and part of Homestead. All of the other trails are part of the competition route. Good luck and happy trails.

FRMBP.org - Paying It Forward

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    http://www.natrc3.org/index.php?opti...d=23&Itemid=25

This is all I could find. Had to get specifics from the USFS. Even though it says the event is both Sat. and Sun., the USFS says it's Saturday only.

FRMBP.org - Paying it Forward

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for that. I've been searching for a map, or at least directions, of their course without luck. Was planning on riding into Buffalo Creek area from the eastside CT (and back out that way), and wanted to at least try to plan to avoid them completely. If anyone finds anything, please post.

Quote Originally Posted by casey
    http://www.natrc3.org/index.php?opti...d=23&Itemid=25

This is all I could find. Had to get specifics from the USFS. Even though it says the event is both Sat. and Sun., the USFS says it's Saturday only.

FRMBP.org - Paying it Forward

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hey Perioeci...

Yeah, I haven't been able to find anything on-line either. According to the USFS, the start/finish line is where the CT crosses Highway 126. They head west on the CT and ride Green Mtn., then over to the 543 area and ride all the trails on both sides of 543, eventually returning on the CT. If you're riding up from the South Platte, you should be OK until you hit 126. Have a great ride.

FRMBP.org - Paying if Forward

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    They were all over the place... essentially clogging up Baldy/Gas House/Homestead/Sandy Draw and other parts on the CO Trail side.

I love it when the "equestrians" decide to almost single-handedly make parts of Homestead double-track.