Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ..ouch

End of the world brings end to anonymous reps?

Just checked my profile to catch up on threads and noticed I can now see the usernames that go with each rep comment.

Appears KC really didn't like me... ~ tear ~

EDIT - and just now noticed the announcement up there ^ with all the stickies I typically ignore..

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    and a few people pretending to be KC left neg rep on my acct. Interesting.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney's Frozen Head View Post
    and a few people pretending to be KC left neg rep on my acct. Interesting.
    I had the same thing. People leave neg rep, then pretend to be KC.

mtbr member
    Interesting. Only goes back about a month, though it seems.

The one neg rep I thought I had guessed, I was wrong about. Funny stuff.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    I had the same thing. People leave neg rep, then pretend to be KC.
    The actual KC reps I had were all unsigned.

I thought the mods previously stated that signing reps as other users could lead to the banhammer?

Entertaining having it all revealed.

mtbr member
    What's Rep?

Oh, So Interesting!
    F#$king Schnauzers.

Not posting but stalking my threads and leaving neg rep as much as possible. Gunna have a word with you one of these days d-bag...

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

I work in .001 tolerances
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    F#$king Schnauzers.

Yup, the chicken and the mutt are the only neg reps I received.
    Of course, not signed by either one. D0chenozzles

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    all my negatives were KC.. he must just spend all day spreading neg rep...

Stiff yet compliant

Mea Culpa

So, back when KC was terrorizing the forum I copied some of the neg rep I believe I received from him and sent it around to different people. Hoping people would assume it was from him and if enough people complained he would just get banned. I don't remember who I sent it to, I didn't even really pay attention.
    If anyone got negative rep from me please feel free to zing me back. I deserve it. In fact anyone that wants to neg me for any reason please do so and I promise not to send retaliatory rep. I always thought it was kind of a stupid system anyways.

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    it is quite poetic, mtbr attempted to right the world before the world ended. I also think we should forgive sinners and re-instate the Karate Chicken in this time of charity.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    F#$king Schnauzers.
    Yeah I got negative from Schnauzers and Moustache Rider anonymously and then hopsalot pretending to be KC.

Is amazing I've been able to sleep, I was so distraught that someone on an online mountain bike forum didn't like me.

MFin' Princess
    F#$king Schnauzers.
    Me too! My only one.

mtbr member
    About time. People neg rep for the stupidestand pettiest things. They should do away with it altogether but at least now we can see who the chicken sh!ts are that hide behind anonymous reps.

bacon! bacon! bacon!

Loser
    Mar 2008
    Posted a picture of my carbon bike in one of the threads. Got this gem from Schnauzers:
    "U is stoopid. Carbon is pour in mold and bake. Any retard can do that, even you."

Apparently carbon fiber comes in cans that you can just pour into a mold and finish in your easy bake oven. Who knew?

MFin' Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Posted a picture of my carbon bike in one of the threads. Got this gem from Schnauzers:
    "U is stoopid. Carbon is pour in mold and bake. Any retard can do that, even you."
    Mine was a rebuke for the poor quality of my photography.

Which is ironic if you've ever sat through one of the Schnauz' mtb videos.

Ah.

Living the High Life
    I'll post for Schnauzers...

You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

..ouch
    My negs were KC, schnauz, drunkenbikersnob and beermaker. All left anon. Telling about a person that can't own their words.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Haha! I just checked, and one of my 2 neg reps was schnauzers. "You couldn't make a corner walking" was what he said. I think it was in response to a comment that 29ers don't work as well in switchbacks, not sure.

Way to make COMBA and JeffCo bike patrol look awesome, M**ch! At least you're nice to people's faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

MFin' Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve in CO View Post
    Haha! I just checked, and one of my 2 neg reps was schnauzers. "You couldn't make a corner walking" was what he said.
    That comment -- from him?! Now that's rich.

Neg repping: The one hobby that Mitch is actually good at.

The MTB Lab
    KC did share the love with all of us!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    His favorite target was funrover.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    His favorite target was funrover.
    What? Who would neg rep funrover?

mtbr member
    Same here - two neg reps, one from KC and one from someone pretending to be KC. I wonder if this will bring on rep-ageddon with all the retaliation.
    Without rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other. Red Foreman - That 70's show.

Living the High Life
    I handed out as much pos rep as I could for 24 hours and I think my "rep power" went down. Small sacrifices to make the Internet better.

I think I might be the only one to get a +rep from KC. Don't negative rep me for that!
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    really

is this the sensitive male forum, I need to feel good about my self I need to feel like I matter so all I want is a positive reputation for christmas

MFin' Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    I think I might be the only one to get a +rep from KC.
    Nope, I did too. I'm down with the Chicken. :righton:

..ouch
    Interesting, I received 2 positive reps since yesterday and my rep score has gone down a couple notches. Must be a disturbance in the force. Mods doing a little tuning maybe?

EDIT - and now it's swung the other way... appears someone's spending a lot of time calibrating a rather useless feature.
    Last edited by thump; 12-23-2012 at 10:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Should I feel lucky? +4 w/ the real Chicken?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper roo View Post
    really

is this the sensitive male forum, I need to feel good about my self I need to feel like I matter so all I want is a positive reputation for christmas
    I couldn't care less about getting + rep. If I wanted to feel good like I matter I'll go get my wife and kids a hug. I think what irks most people is that it takes a certain kind of weasel to anonymously leave a neg rep instead just saying what's on your mind and having discussion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Otis Towns View Post
    Same here - two neg reps, one from KC and one from someone pretending to be KC. I wonder if this will bring on rep-ageddon with all the retaliation.
    Which would then justify the whole anonymous rep thing. And sadly, there are people here who would "retaliate" rather than take their shots like a MTBer.

Quote Originally Posted by kosayno View Post
    I think what irks most people is that it takes a certain kind of weasel to anonymously leave a neg rep instead just saying what's on your mind and having discussion.
    True, but I'll admit to leaving some unsigned neg rep because it was fairly obvious the person would just flail out in revenge. And I also, on a couple of occasions, "signed" that rep in the thread when it turned out my impression was wrong.

For which I promptly got (anonymously) neg repped for by someone else.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out and who takes their rep and who is so insecure they have to respond in kind.

Living the High Life
    This thread is heading this way...for all of us.

mtbr member
    Did MTBR ban Schnauzers? Same here the negative rep was insulting.

Erik

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've never left rep, positive or negative. I rarely checked it, either because...what's the point? People neg rep me/pos rep me in replies to my threads so that's about all the fun I can handle. I just did check it again. though. My positives were all from members I know (online at least), my negatives were from members I've never heard of.

My list only goes back to August. How come yours go back so far as to include KC when he was actually still a member? And anybody want to disclose what your reputation points total is? Mine is.......

edit: my rep power went from 22 yesterday to 35 today. Go figure!

edit again: I'm surprised all this talk about schnauzers. I never had a problem with that guy and have a hard time believing he could be so snarky handing out neg rep.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Schnauzers was a sneaky little guy. Anyone who crossed KC was on his list also. A little lackey to do KC"s bidding. Now he has gone on to glory in the passion forum, good riddance.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I have been slacking on my MTBR. When did KC get banned? I thought he was funny, as long as you didn't take him too seriously.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post

My list only goes back to August. How come yours go back so far as to include KC when he was actually still a member? And anybody want to disclose what your reputation points total is? Mine is.......
    August? Mine only goes back about a month, to the end of November. Strange.

The MTB Lab
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve in CO View Post
    I have been slacking on my MTBR. When did KC get banned? I thought he was funny, as long as you didn't take him too seriously.
    It has been a while (summertime). He got a bit too caustic to people, and whether he may have been perceived as funny, he could be incredibly cruel, snide and demeaning, and more than a few people complained to the website, so he got himself banned. I believe it wasn't the first time he had gotten banned, he used another IP and handle before, but it was easy to identify him. He was very knowledgeable on things, so if he had just toned it down he would have been fine. If he decided to go after you the fangs went straight to the jugular, and trust me, it wasn't fun to suffer his wrath. In addition he went on the bandwagon and disparaged a few bike vendors. It's alright to be funny and sarcastic and asinine, but you need to pull in the oars a bit when it rolls into cruelty, especially when it happens repeatedly. Ok, off the high horse...

Living the High Life
    So I was looking for some meme to reply to this thread with and saw this. And realized Michale J. Fox was the man in the 80s.

Living the High Life
    Crap, I did I just hand out a bunch of neg rep by accident? Check your Internet cool devices folks! I didn't mean to. I just had a few beers, some Scotch and go rep happy...

mtbr member
    I got 3 positive reps and 2 negitive reps from KC, bring him back

mtbr member
    I had the audacity to pose a question about the Hayman area..and if there were any plans to build trails there.

Got neg rep'd anon of course by the little rat dog (schnauzers) what a f'n toolbag

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    August? Mine only goes back about a month, to the end of November. Strange.
    I think it just lists the last 20, regardless of date.

I've got green, red and grey reps. Anyone know what the grey signifies? The comments with them seem to mean they're positive. Fascinating stuff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post

I've got green, red and grey reps. Anyone know what the grey signifies? The comments with them seem to mean they're positive. Fascinating stuff.
    Wow, Walt Disney's Frozen Head's last twenty list goes back to 2011, skiahh, that rep receiving sumb!tch, his last 20 list goes back 30 days.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

eci
    KC gave me rep 3x in total. he must have been so bored with life that giving rep on mtbr was his only way to feel successful.

lucky enough
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post

I think gray means they need to post more or something before they can pass out rep. newbies.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Here's some history for you. (at least my perception of what I saw happen)
    I've watched KC bully people on USENET newsgroups since probably the mid-90's.

Before AOL Classifieds, before Ebay... there was rec.bicycles.marketplace... I used to go there
    to buy/sell bike stuff. I also lurked in groups like rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.social
    and... rec.bicycles.off-road... that was where I saw KC in action the first time.

He and his buddies, some of whom are on MTBR FR reading this, seemed to take great joy in flaming the
    noobs and creating chaos. That's where Vandeman used to post also, and still does... It got so bad
    everyone left. The board became useless.

KC and crew then moved on to alt.mountain-bike, along with Vandeman. It was pretty much
    an unmoderated flame-fest 24/7. It got to the point at which KC's troubles with an
    ex-wife and daughter spilled onto the Internet after he apparently pissed off the wrong
    guy. It was painful to read/watch and in my mind put his daughters safety at risk.

This is also where Schnauzers showed up and ended up with a stalker named Liberator.
    A homeless guy at the time with some mental issues. That's how far it went.

Again, people moved on as the board became useless.
    You couldn't discuss anything without being flamed by these guys. Of course Vandemann
    still posts on AMB, along with a few others... they've been banned just about
    everywhere else...

Anyway, there are some good discussions that take place here on mtbr, and I when I saw KC
    having the same affect on MTBR that he did on the USENET boards I decided to fight back.

It started when KC started in on xcguy over his moral outrage at posting pics of girls,
    and knowing what happened on USENET with KC and his daughter, and Schnauzers and Liberator...
    that was the point for me. The mods weren't really policing the board and I felt that the only
    way to get some of you to realize what it felt like to be the recipient of these vitriolic
    flames/neg reps was for you to receive them also, just like myself, xcguy and a few
    others that he regularly stalks and bully's. I'm really sorry it got to that point
    and I hope any of you who received neg reps from me know anything I said wasn't from the
    "real" me. Unfortunately, you got caught up in a decade long battle between JD, myself
    and a few others that has spanned several boards and has a history.

Like I've said many time. The Internet is just entertainment to me. I think it is
    for KC also. He's just goes a lot further than I am willing. It's disrespectful,
    and it get's to the point where stalking occurs, and families and others are put at risk.

He may be a great guy to go ride with or hang out with and drink beer, he may actually
    be the best father in the world, but the guy brings out the worst in me... IMHO everyone else too.
    He's an Internet bully with a history. Sorry. I've watched this go on for far too
    long to have any sympathy for KC, and no I'm no saint and yes I've done my fair share
    also, but I just felt like something had to be done before mtbr went to hell.

You guys have something good going on here, real friendships, good times.... you shouldn't
    let it go to waste so easily. So fight back dammit. Don't let bully's take over your board.
    Bullying is not cool.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation"><tr><td class="thead">
    </td><td class="thead">Thread</td><td class="thead">Date</td><td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">Posted By</td><td class="thead">Comment</td></tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Motos on forest service... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">12-06-2012 11:16 AM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> TomP </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">Good to be able to disagree and yet continue discourse. -TomP</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Jones Park/Bear Creek,... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">11-27-2012 09:20 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> elder_mtber </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">
    </td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Surviving a night out,... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">10-11-2012 07:31 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> Steve71 </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">Thanks for the suggestion!</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> It's not about the... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">09-25-2012 11:17 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> ACree </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">
    </td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> It's not about the... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">09-25-2012 02:42 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> Jaydude </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">please give us a break from this political BS ~ jaydude</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Lance bows out of the... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">08-24-2012 03:45 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> cookiedough </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">"Dean of your college" - awesome analogy - cookiedough</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Park Service took my... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">08-13-2012 03:50 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> sdemars </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">good POV</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> First mountain bike... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">08-05-2012 08:48 AM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> giantsaam </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">
    </td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Should Mods Restrict... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">08-01-2012 06:45 AM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> jugdish </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">turd</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Open Question for the... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">07-29-2012 09:10 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> KarateChicken </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">right</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Hmmm, Good Question,... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">07-28-2012 12:37 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> literocola </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">agreed. literocola</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Open Question for the... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">07-26-2012 12:41 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> drunkenbikesnob </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">You crossed the line. Leave it anonymous. MOAR LULZ!</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Open Question for the... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">07-26-2012 12:32 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> inkpad </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">Well said UT. Inkpad (Stu) Cheers!</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Did anyone else make it... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">07-24-2012 01:08 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> snowskilz </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">bad jokes are good jokes - skilz</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Did anyone else make it... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">07-23-2012 03:56 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> Ithnu </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">Nice! -Ithnu</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> NPS Approves Country... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">07-20-2012 07:56 AM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> Devildog1775 </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">I loved your comparison of the Peoples Republic of Boulder to Disney world. Just so Amazing, funny, probably true. Just moved back to Colorado after 18 years and wow this place has gotten turned upside down. Not sure if its Californinans or what?</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> NPS Approves Country... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">07-13-2012 07:09 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> KarateChicken </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">you are the worst</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> What's with the hate? ... </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">06-23-2012 11:44 AM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> WilburKookmeyer </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">Awesome</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Capital Bikeshare Fail </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">06-23-2012 10:23 AM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> PhxChem </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">Quit being a baby. If you're going to post something, stand behind it.</td> </tr><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1Active" width="50%"> Capital Bikeshare Fail </td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">06-22-2012 02:22 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> KarateChicken </td><td class="alt2" width="50%">you are a perennial retard</td></tr></tbody></table>

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Totally agree. Tired of hearing "it's just the internet, don't be so sensitive." Treat each other with respect regardless of where you are communicating. KC was a troll who got great joy from tormenting everyone who didn't enjoy his crap, nice to know we weren't his first victims.

bacon! bacon! bacon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast