Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    I must be naive because I honestly had no idea people actually took the internet this seriously. I have never given any +/- rep because the whole idea is really stupid and just ends up being a childish way for people to bully each other. If you don't like what you see here on the boards just simply walk away.

Loser
    Mar 2008

..ouch
    Man, some people take the internet real serious. Seems all the anonymous neg reppers now have some fancy backpedaling reasons for being weasels. Couldn't man up and own their words then and can't seem to still now. Sad.

Got shite to talk to someone, grow a pair and say it where they can respond.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    Man, some people take the internet real serious. Seems all the anonymous neg reppers now have some fancy backpedaling reasons for being weasels. Couldn't man up and own their words then and can't seem to still now. Sad.

I have said this all along with my sig....so I think I will leave it. Even though I get tons of neg rep that people dont sign saying my sig is retarded

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    I have said this all along with my sig....so I think I will leave it. Even though I get tons of neg rep that people dont sign saying my sig is retarded
    Hey hightechredneck- ur sig is retarded. signed, schnauzers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    skiahh, that rep receiving sumb!tch, his last 20 list goes back 30 days.
    Yeah, but my "Rep Power" is the same as yours and I only have a few more chiclets than you, so I wouldn't say I get a lot, just in batches.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    Yeah, but my "Rep Power" is the same as yours and I only have a few more chiclets than you, so I wouldn't say I get a lot, just in batches.
    Go figure.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Living the High Life
    Screw you Ken!
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    Screw you Ken!
    I'd respond but then you might do a retaliatory neg rep and my little power number might go down. That would ruin my whole week.

Azzhole

Living the High Life
    I'd respond but then you might do a retaliatory neg rep and my little power number might go down. That would ruin my whole week.

Azzhole
    I'm out of rep for 24 hours.

Pos or neg...just wait in fear!!! mwhahaha!
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Anyone that neg reps funrover and TVC is a nozzle!

I don't believe I've neg rep'd anyone. Seems like KarateChicken and Schnauzers be workin' overtime on negativity! Is anyone surprised by that?
    Last edited by JSD303; 12-25-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004

It would be nice...

...if I could actually guess something about the usefulness of a post based on rep. As it is I can really only tell:
    -noob with not much rep
    -old grizzled veteran
    -troll

Which is great, I guess. But it seems like just basically using post count and banning jerks would be just as useful, with less drama.

Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    Here's some history for you. (at least my perception of what I saw happen)
    I've watched KC bully people on USENET newsgroups since probably the mid-90's.

Before AOL Classifieds, before Ebay... there was rec.bicycles.marketplace... I used to go there
    to buy/sell bike stuff. I also lurked in groups like rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.social
    and... rec.bicycles.off-road... that was where I saw KC in action the first time.

He and his buddies, some of whom are on MTBR FR reading this, seemed to take great joy in flaming the
    noobs and creating chaos. That's where Vandeman used to post also, and still does... It got so bad
    everyone left. The board became useless.

KC and crew then moved on to alt.mountain-bike, along with Vandeman. It was pretty much
    an unmoderated flame-fest 24/7. It got to the point at which KC's troubles with an
    ex-wife and daughter spilled onto the Internet after he apparently pissed off the wrong
    guy. It was painful to read/watch and in my mind put his daughters safety at risk.

This is also where Schnauzers showed up and ended up with a stalker named Liberator.
    A homeless guy at the time with some mental issues. That's how far it went.

Again, people moved on as the board became useless.
    You couldn't discuss anything without being flamed by these guys. Of course Vandemann
    still posts on AMB, along with a few others... they've been banned just about
    everywhere else...

Anyway, there are some good discussions that take place here on mtbr, and I when I saw KC
    having the same affect on MTBR that he did on the USENET boards I decided to fight back.

It started when KC started in on xcguy over his moral outrage at posting pics of girls,
    and knowing what happened on USENET with KC and his daughter, and Schnauzers and Liberator...
    that was the point for me. The mods weren't really policing the board and I felt that the only
    way to get some of you to realize what it felt like to be the recipient of these vitriolic
    flames/neg reps was for you to receive them also, just like myself, xcguy and a few
    others that he regularly stalks and bully's. I'm really sorry it got to that point
    and I hope any of you who received neg reps from me know anything I said wasn't from the
    "real" me. Unfortunately, you got caught up in a decade long battle between JD, myself
    and a few others that has spanned several boards and has a history.

Like I've said many time. The Internet is just entertainment to me. I think it is
    for KC also. He's just goes a lot further than I am willing. It's disrespectful,
    and it get's to the point where stalking occurs, and families and others are put at risk.

He may be a great guy to go ride with or hang out with and drink beer, he may actually
    be the best father in the world, but the guy brings out the worst in me... IMHO everyone else too.
    He's an Internet bully with a history. Sorry. I've watched this go on for far too
    long to have any sympathy for KC, and no I'm no saint and yes I've done my fair share
    also, but I just felt like something had to be done before mtbr went to hell.

You guys have something good going on here, real friendships, good times.... you shouldn't
    let it go to waste so easily. So fight back dammit. Don't let bully's take over your board.
    Bullying is not cool.
    Thanks for sharing its a helpful perspective. I know I am late to the game on a well worn thread. I actually stopped posting here (Front Range) because of 3-4 people who seemed to promote each other's dismal behavior. Two or three other guys I knew also stopped posting from my riding group as well because of the same people. I did complain to the moderator and chose not to fight with those 3-4 people. I am glad things are improving. My only negative rep in the last six months came from KC in June and I quote what he wrote "idiot." At least he signed his name. I am all for signing what I write. Even in a negative rep you can be constructive and not start a flame war.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

Now older but less slow!
    I think it just lists the last 20, regardless of date.

I've got green, red and grey reps. Anyone know what the grey signifies? The comments with them seem to mean they're positive. Fascinating stuff.
    The grey rep is from someone who does not have enough standing (number of posts or duration I think) for their rep to count. It could - or + rep but it doesn't matter as its not counted.

I see that the one neg rep I got was from KC as well for me suggesting I might get a 29er AM bike...

mtbr member
    Please forgive my stupidity.....but how do you check neg or positive rep? and what is it? Also I had a run in with KC when he found out I came from SO CAL and was on STR (a SO CAL website) He knew some of the same people and he bagged on them sounds like the same way he did here. What is up with that guy? Why is he so negative especially on a MTB site.
    Id rather wake up in the middle of nowhere then in any city on earth........Steve McQueen

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just click on "my account" at the top after you log in and it will show you who repped you. People can give you positive rep if they appreciate your post, or they can give you negative rep for something they disagree with. Negative rep will decrease now that people will be disclosed for who they are. That KC guy sure gets around, doesn't he?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Dammit. The thread that got me half of my comments is listed as N/A.

Also, no more KC. You softies need to HTFU.

mtbr member
    Is there a list of the Rep's we have given out? I forget who or what i may have Rep'ed about.

mtbr member
    Late to the game on this one - it'd be interesting to have kc/dbs paste the rep they received (Friday night reading material)

so, did anyone else receive negative rep that was removed after the user column was added? (and it wasn't the first or last rep - it was in the middle of other reps that still exist).

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryhead View Post
    so, did anyone else receive negative rep that was removed after the user column was added? (and it wasn't the first or last rep - it was in the middle of other reps that still exist).
    Seriously? So now the anon reppers that couldn't own their words the first time around are getting someone to remove the evidence of them being chickenshits? This just went from sad to pathetic.

I'd like to see the mods dish out the punishments they said would happen for folks leaving false signed reps... not help them cover it up.

Most Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    Bullying is not cool.
    Hmmm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails End of the world brings end to anonymous reps?-screen-shot-2013-01-04-9.20.46-pm.png  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3