mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Planning a trip to Vail in 3 weeks. Any rides to suggest??

Good afternoon everyone!

My boss is sending me for a 3 days training in Vail and I'm thinking on spending 2 extra days to get a taste of the singletracks that the area has to offer . Would you have any area to reccomand? I'm more of a XC type, with a liking for technical singletrack. I don't have the exact details of where I'll be staying, execpt that's it's going to be around Vail. I'm gonna have a car, so driving won't be a problem.

What are the conditions in that area around Mai 20th?

Oh, and I'm also gonna need to rent a bike on-site, so if you know any good bike shop near the area that you are gonna suggest, please mention them.

Thanks a lot for your help, and should you come up to Quebec, send me an e-mail, I'll show you our local trails.
    Last edited by PA QC; 05-01-2006 at 12:18 PM. Reason: new title again

MK_
    carpe maņana
    I havent' ridden much in that area. Shame on me, really, as there is some good stuff there, but alas, I haven't. There is a website called trailcentral.com which has a description of colorado trails.

It does better job with some counties than others. Eagle, where Vail is, is not even on there, but a near neighbor, Summit county, although scarcely, is described. http://www.trailcentral.com/trail/in...ummit&state=CO. There are also a few mtbr lurkers who live in the area, Cutthroat to name one. Hopefully they'll chime in.

EDIT: I found a little more info: http://www.eaglecounty.us/lifestyle/...ion/biking.cfm

_MK
    Last edited by MK_; 05-01-2006 at 01:31 PM.
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Stuff on the north side of the valley should be open by then. Middle Creek, and Son of Middle Creek?? Definitely riding is open in Eagle 'bout 20some miles from Vail. Mountain Pedaler on Broadway has trail info there. Rental? The Kind Cyclist in Edwards might. In Vail maybe Vail Bike Tech in Lion's Head.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_

EDIT: I found a little more info: http://www.eaglecounty.us/lifestyle/...ion/biking.cfm

_MK
    That one really helped! Thanks a lot!!

Now all I need is for you guys to have 3 weeks of hot weather so the snow can melt as much as possible before I get there.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddog
    Stuff on the north side of the valley should be open by then. Middle Creek, and Son of Middle Creek?? Definitely riding is open in Eagle 'bout 20some miles from Vail. Mountain Pedaler on Broadway has trail info there. Rental? The Kind Cyclist in Edwards might. In Vail maybe Vail Bike Tech in Lion's Head.
    Good advice here.
    Meadow Moutain may be rideable but with all the snow Vail received this year I think it'll be mid-late June before any of the high country rides on Vail Mtn are rideable.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

how about White ranch?

I read a review about a trail called "All rights" in Jefferson, I just want to confirm with you guys that there will still be too much snow on may 21st to ride that trail.

Otherwise, do you know some other good trails in that area?