skillz to pay billz

Eldora Escape race

anyone doing it? It will be my first race. Mostly for fun and my friends are coming down from WP.

Any experiences from the past

http://www.warriorscycling.com/events/eldora.php

skillz to pay billz
    sounds like a resounding "no"

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'll be there. Never raced at Eldora before, though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I e-mailed Warrior's Cycling to find out how to check in, etc. and they said that there weren't too many people signed up yet in the 19-29 beginners category. I just signed up a couple of days ago so maybe others are waiting as well. It should be a blast!!

I'm a unitard!
    Steep climbs with a little rest in between. Longest,steepest, and hardest climb is at the highest point of the course. Then it's a ripping descent that is rocky and rooty. Colorado tech at the top, then you take a sharp right, a sharp left into some mud bogs where it then becomes kind of an East Coast descent.

The one super rocky section straight down the fall line can look intimidating, but if you hit it right and just let it go, it can be railed. Just watch out for that sharp right hander at the bottom.

One of my favorite courses. It's short, but it has lots of good stuff.

skillz to pay billz
    thanks for the replys. should be fun. I'm going to preview the course saturday. Good luck everyone.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Did anyone get the mileage from the beginners course yesterday? Man was it freakin' muddy out there!!

skillz to pay billz

humbled

I guess it would have been prudent to race beginner on my first race ever. I got smoked like a salmon. It was fun regardless and yes, it was muddy. I wonder how long 'til they post results online?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The results are posted now. Yeah, I'm glad I did beginner for my first race. I did better than I expected but there were many things I should've done differently (like keep an eye out for the arrows so I don't miss a turn and ride down the wrong trail ). I probably should've warmed up a little more too since the starts are so fast. It was definately a blast though!!

skillz to pay billz
    Unfortunately I started getting passed by the expert and pro classes which really f__ked me on my last lap. Probably could have cut ten minutes off my time.