k2x
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Eastcoaster relocates to Boulder

Hey all! I just moved to Boulder from NY and need to get into the local mt bike scene (trails, shops, group rides, etc...). There was a screw-up during moving and my mtb gear got packed up and is sitting somewhere in Aurora in storage All I have is my bike and a pump. I won't be able to get my stuff out of storage till I find a house which is at least a month away. So I'll just have to stick to the slopes until then. Anyway...any info you guys can offer would be kewl.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Jeezus. Will the influx never stop??

holding back the darkness
    stay tuned....
    **** censorship

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    I don't get it...why can't you get into your storage unit? Don't they have 24 hour access?

ride
    Howdy k2x, welcome to the front range. We do group rides every Tues at 6. For the next few weeks, we're meeting at the shop (Redstone) in Lyons (20 min N of Boulder) and riding Hall Ranch. After the days start to get longer, we'll start doing more interesting rides in the forest. I try to post updates by Monday at www.redstonecyclery.blogspot.com.

If you make it up to Lyons to ride, I've got cold beer in the fridge for you.

~dave
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

k2x
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Nah...its some secrete warehouse the moving company uses. But...maybe a call to them wouldn't hurt to see if I can get to it.

Rolling
    Interesting.

I have heard a lot of moving scams where peoples stuff gets "screwed-up" and put half their stuff into storage. Then along comes a cash transaction than can fix the screw-up sooner. They usually do this, knowing you are desperate for your belongings.

I had some friends actually pull out their cell phones to call the police on the movers then suddenly the screw-up was undone. Not saying this is what is happening but sure sounds familiar.

k2x
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Nah....in the caos of the day, this particular box didn't make it to the "don't take" pile and the movers loaded it on the truck. I didn't figure it out till after they took off.

The Notorious S.L.O
    Quote Originally Posted by k2x
    Nah...its some secrete warehouse the moving company uses. But...maybe a call to them wouldn't hurt to see if I can get to it.
    Yeah, I tried that once following a move, not for anything and important as the bike gear, but pots and pans for some cooking or somesuch nonsense.
    The warehouse was packed, my stuff was packed, boxes on top of boxes, no one was willing, not even me, to move all the boxes needed to get to the one I wanted. "Maybe" your experience will be a bit better.

What brings you to Boulder? if you are coming out from the White Plains NY area, I think I can guess.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

k2x
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by btadlock
    What brings you to Boulder? if you are coming out from the White Plains NY area, I think I can guess.
    The mountains!! Actually...I came from the Binghamton, NY area. There was some good mt biking around there..but I was looking to change it up a little. I got a taste of Moab about three years ago and loved it. Ever since I've wanted to come back as much as possible....then I got wise and thought...why not just move out here!! So....after some job searching....here I am!!

hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Jeezus. Will the influx never stop??
    The Secret's out..
    "There's Singletrack in them thar hills..."

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA monkeyboy
    The Secret's out..
    "There's Singletrack in them thar hills..."
    It was a secret??

FT$
    mtbr member
    K2x, welcome!

I imagine you will like CO. Best place on Earth and thats not a secret! Pick up a Boulder County map at a local bike shop. Great ridding in Golden and really up and down all the Front Range!

Just wait till summer! oh man, I cant wait for some high country rides!

THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH!

mtbr member
    Hey all! I just moved to Boulder from NY and need to get into the local mt bike scene (trails, shops, group rides, etc...). There was a screw-up during moving and my mtb gear got packed up and is sitting somewhere in Aurora in storage All I have is my bike and a pump. I won't be able to get my stuff out of storage till I find a house which is at least a month away. So I'll just have to stick to the slopes until then. Anyway...any info you guys can offer would be kewl.
    So you do have your bike though right What exactly are you missing as far as gear goes? could you still get out for a little ride?
    2007'ish Heckler and 2006 Chameleon
    If anyone needs the help of a prototype/custom machinist let me know.

k2x
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

don't know till you try....

So the call to the movers paid off. The truck had just arrived and they were able to pull aside the bin that I had all my gear in. What luck!! Unfortunately I decided with the downtime to get my shock serviced/upgraded. You guys ever hear of Push Industries? I'm going to send my fork/shock off to them to get "pushed". Can't wait to hit the trails!

hmmmmm
    You guys ever hear of Push Industries? I'm going to send my fork/shock off to them to get "pushed". Can't wait to hit the trails!
    Push Rocks! they can do magic with an old shock... Plus they are your new homies... I think they are in Fort Collins...

mtbr member
    So the call to the movers paid off. The truck had just arrived and they were able to pull aside the bin that I had all my gear in. What luck!! Unfortunately I decided with the downtime to get my shock serviced/upgraded. You guys ever hear of Push Industries? I'm going to send my fork/shock off to them to get "pushed". Can't wait to hit the trails!
    Slow down, Push is about 45 minutes from boulder and if you call them in advance you can make an appointment and drop your stuff off and pick it up with a much faster turn around time, so you could actually ride for the next week or two
    2007'ish Heckler and 2006 Chameleon
    If anyone needs the help of a prototype/custom machinist let me know.