mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Early High Plains

I had business up in Boulder today. I went the back way and stopped at High Plains at around 8am. A beautiful time to be out and I wasn't alone.

Looking back towards the east:

Quite a few riders coming in twos and threes.

I was surprised at the variety of flowers still out considering the heat we've had. Got to see one I'd never seen before:

And others:

I kept looking both directions every 5 seconds to make sure I was off the trails when riders/runners came through. All said "thanks man!" with a smile.

This old-timer rode up. We eyeballed each other "you...last year? Wait, aren't you..." We didn't know each other's names but turns out I've bumped into this guy riding with his daughter the past two years. He flies in from Florida, gets on her spare beater and they ride. Dude is 70!

His daughter's Spesh was this cool electric lime green:

A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Loser
    Mar 2008
    Gotta love High Plains. I vote that we change your name to flowerguy. Great pics as usual.

The 5th knuckle
    Hey - You know they have auto focus on cameras. Some of these pictures are all out of focus. And what is it with all the pictures having these weird ratios of 3 in the composition. I hope you don't actually try and earn any money from photography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Hey - You know they have auto focus on cameras. Some of these pictures are all out of focus. And what is it with all the pictures having these weird ratios of 3 in the composition. I hope you don't actually try and earn any money from photography.
    My camera made me do it.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

The 5th knuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    My camera made me do it.
    Ohh sure. I played with the new D70 at Mikes Camera the other day. It was next door to an appointment I was early for. WOW. That is a pretty slick little camera for the $$.
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Ohh sure. I played with the new D70 at Mikes Camera the other day. It was next door to an appointment I was early for. WOW. That is a pretty slick little camera for the $$.
    If you want any advice on buying a DLSR, pm me and we can talk. I mean, you need a new camera to document your adventures with your REEB, right? That's if you have any money left over from paying for that belt drive!

The 5th knuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    If you want any advice on buying a DLSR, pm me and we can talk. I mean, you need a new camera to document your adventures with your REEB, right? That's if you have any money left over from paying for that belt drive!
    The D70 is on the high end of the budget after the bike. Like birthday next year time frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The D70 is on the high end of the budget after the bike. Like birthday next year time frame.
    That's what you said last year! You're thinking of the D7100 I think. The D70 is about 6 years old.