mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Dry Trails in Pueblo?

How were the trails in Pueblo today? Any ones that I specifically should avoid for mud?

Thanks

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    I was there today and the trails were in great shape. Skull Canyon had snow but very little mud. All of the trails that drop into that Canyon were bone dry as was Dead Dog.

Pueblo is good times, I can see spending some time there in February.

Does anyone know if there is any free (bush) camping anywhere nearby? I would do a weekend there happily but the drive back to Denver and then back again on Sunday is a little excessive.

IMG_2182-1.JPG

IMG_2193-1.JPG

IMG_2207-1.JPG

IMG_2210-1.JPG

IMG_2201-2.JPG

Amber's bike computer said that the temperature hit 74degrees today. I rode in a t-shirt most of the day. Good times for January.
    Last edited by zzsean; 01-26-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Shoulda went faster
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    Does anyone know if there is any free (bush) camping anywhere nearby? I would do a weekend there happily but the drive back to Denver and then back again on Sunday is a little excessive.

I don't know about bush camping, but there appears to be a campground close. Ride to the point where steep and tech goes down and there looks to be a campground at the bottom. Any locals want to chime in?

We can rebuild him
    There is a campground in park. In fact, there are three. The park was thinking about keeping the campground on the south side open for winter. There will be a local trails meeting Tue. I'll try to verify if the manager did leave some sites open. Of course it is a fee area since it is a state park. More info in a couple of days.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie
    There is a campground in park. In fact, there are three. The park was thinking about keeping the campground on the south side open for winter. There will be a local trails meeting Tue. I'll try to verify if the manager did leave some sites open. Of course it is a fee area since it is a state park. More info in a couple of days.
    Awesome! thanks for the info and good luck at the meeting!

We can rebuild him

Campground info

O.K. talked to the parks manager today and he said the A loop is opened in the campground on the south side (at the bottom of Steep Tech). However, the showers are not.:nonod! But, there is water, electricity and the "dump" station is open . I was out there with my wife today and we also checked the bathrooms- they are open and clean. So, if a french bath will do for you, it looks like you're in business.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie
    O.K. talked to the parks manager today and he said the A loop is opened in the campground on the south side (at the bottom of Steep Tech). However, the showers are not.:nonod! But, there is water, electricity and the "dump" station is open . I was out there with my wife today and we also checked the bathrooms- they are open and clean. So, if a french bath will do for you, it looks like you're in business.
    Awesome! thanks for the info. Our plan if the weather this weekend supports is to stay the night down there saturday night.

Let the land managers know that it is bringing dinner and breakfast spending to the local community as well.