Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Almost Human
    Sep 2007

Drones in SE Colorado

poorrichards blog: A 51st State for Armed Robotic DronesWeaponized UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles)

"7 million acres (or 11,000 square miles) of land in the southeast corner of Colorado, and 60 million acres of air space (or 94,000 square miles) over Colorado and New Mexico would be given over to special forces testing and training in the use of remote-controlled flying murder machines. The full state of Colorado is itself 104,000 square miles. Rhode Island is 1,000 square miles. Virginia, where I live, is 43,000 square miles.

The U.S. military (including Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines) is proceeding with this plan in violation of the public will, new state legislation on private property rights, an exceptionally strong federal court order, and a funding ban passed by the United States Congress, and in the absence of any approved Environmental Impact Statement."

"Ken Salazar was the military's hired servant. He had been Attorney General of Colorado from 1999 to 2005. He was a U.S. Senator from 2005 to 2009. President Barack Obama has made him Secretary of the Interior. Around 2007, Jean Aguerre recounts, Salazar held a public meeting in Pueblo, Col., with about 300 ranchers packing the room. He turned his palms up to the ceiling and announced: "I will lift the golden curtain that falls at the end of El Paso county so that prosperity can flow onto the eastern plains." This meant that military spending was economically beneficial. Military expansion, people were being told, was good for them -- even if it stole their families' land, and regardless of what momentum it created for the launching and continuing of wars.

"Instead of putting together frameworks for nonproliferation," says Aguerre, "Ken Salazar worked to destroy the last intact short grass prairie because the money was too good."

not 1 more acre!: Home
    Last edited by UncleTrail; 10-29-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Yappy little dog!
    Flying murder machines?

Did you get that article from the nutjobs protesting across from the Costco in Arvada today? Even Liburatards aren't against using drones. Must be some kind of Ron Paul cult.

Edit: I saw them after I exercised my 2nd amendment right at the Silver Bullet Shooting Range in Wheat Ridge.

Loser
    Mar 2008
    I heard a rumor that they were going to start using shuttlers on Apex for drone target practice.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Flying murder machines?

Did you get that article from the nutjobs protesting across from the Costco in Arvada today? Even Liburatards aren't against using drones. Must be some kind of Ron Paul cult.

Edit: I saw them after I exercised my 2nd amendment right at the Silver Bullet Shooting Range in Wheat Ridge.
    Well, going to the shooting range is one thing, taking a life is quite another.

If you can get past the rhetoric you will find that the government is illegally confiscating private land through condemnation. Maybe your grandma's house is next?

I remember dove hunting when I was young. I was always taught to give animals a sporting chance. They had to be flying. Shooting a bird sitting in a tree, on a power line, on the ground, is something I have never done, nor something I wish to advocate, no matter the prize.

Your bike is incorrigible
    I'm willing to give the military thousands of square miles of land to play with.... in Afghanistan.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I'm against taking land, but honestly I have no problem with the drones (unless they have red eyes and start speaking with an Austrian accent...).

banned

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by guyechka View Post
    i'm willing to give the military thousands of square miles of land to play with.... In afghanistan.
    nimby

failing to make the connection here...

why do they need 7 million acres of land, when the drones fly through the air? are they afraid of the ramifications of the 1 in a something-billion chance that a drone crashes into someone's farmhouse? or they want to bomb all 7 million acres with drones?

military planes fly training routes and have dedicated mid-high altitude airspace over civilian areas all over this country, including colorado. why do drones need land set aside from uav only use? why not just dedicate the airspace from 50ft agl to 10,000ft agl to drones, set aside already acquired land for bombing/missile practice, and call it good?

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nomit View Post
    failing to make the connection here...

why do they need 7 million acres of land, when the drones fly through the air? are they afraid of the ramifications of the 1 in a something-billion chance that a drone crashes into someone's farmhouse? or they want to bomb all 7 million acres with drones?

military planes fly training routes and have dedicated mid-high altitude airspace over civilian areas all over this country, including colorado. why do drones need land set aside from uav only use? why not just dedicate the airspace from 50ft agl to 10,000ft agl to drones, set aside already acquired land for bombing/missile practice, and call it good?
    not 1 more acre!: Under Threat

Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site

"At an estimated cost to taxpayers of $3 billion dollars, The Pentagon and its contractors also
    announced plans to train a new Combat Aviation Brigade – 2800 soldiers, 600 ground
    vehicles and 200 Apache, Chinook and Black Hawk helicopters – at the Piñon Canyon
    Maneuver Site. If not stopped, Combat Aviation Brigades will enable Unmanned Aerial Systems
    (drones and other robotic weapons) to maneuver from the ground up throughout the entire 94,000
    square mile region.

The proposal is part of a plan to establish the largest Joint Forces Future Combat Systems
    training site in the world by expanding Joint Forces Special Operations Command air space
    across northern New Mexico and southern Colorado for robotic warfare development,
    low altitude flights and testing of high-tech lethal weaponry. "

What does a bean mean?!
    Apr 2011
    I'm confused too. What does it mean that "acres of air space" will be "given over"? Why in the world do they need that much area to test these things? Why is the Santa Fe Trail on the map?

Almost Human
    Sep 2007

The aliens have big plans for you too.

Ready to fry chicken anyone?

banned
    lulz^

Last edited by KarateChicken; 10-30-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    Well, going to the shooting range is one thing, taking a life is quite another.

If you can get past the rhetoric you will find that the government is illegally confiscating private land through condemnation. Maybe your grandma's house is next?

I remember dove hunting when I was young. I was always taught to give animals a sporting chance. They had to be flying. Shooting a bird sitting in a tree, on a power line, on the ground, is something I have never done, nor something I wish to advocate, no matter the prize.

Your bike is incorrigible
    I'm willing to give the military some land.... north of Death Valley.

They already screwed it up with nukes, so they can have it.

Rolling
    Hey people. Just FYI

Do your homework.

Sadly, you might even find out your uncle is a wacko.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    Hey people. Just FYI

Do your homework.

I'm all ears. Why am I crazy?

Because I believe Salazar and Udall are hypocrites for proposing wilderness area after wilderness area and banning simple bicycles from these areas, and then turning around and stealing private property for expansion of a military base to drive tanks and perform low altitude aerial maneuvers?

Plenty of facts here:
    Pinon Canyon Expansion Opposition Coalition

and here:
    The War Next Door - Page 1 - News - Denver - Westword
    ""The most surprising thing is how intact the larger landscape is," says CSU ecologist Rondeau. "The ranchers have been actively managing it. It's really a credit to the private landowners that we found as much as we did, and most of it was in pretty good condition. They're good stewards of the land."

Ever been to Ft. Hood? It's not far from where I grew up. If that what stewardship is to the government, then I'm not the one who's crazy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    I'm all ears. Why am I crazy?

Because I believe Salazar and Udall are hypocrites for proposing wilderness area after wilderness area and banning simple bicycles from these areas, and then turning around and stealing private property for expansion of a military base to drive tanks and perform low altitude aerial maneuvers?

PCEOC ----- Pinon Canyon Expansion Opposition Coalition: Proposed AF Fly-overs in Northern NM and Southern CO part of expansion?

Plenty of facts here:
    Pinon Canyon Expansion Opposition Coalition

and here:
    The War Next Door - Page 1 - News - Denver - Westword
    ""The most surprising thing is how intact the larger landscape is," says CSU ecologist Rondeau. "The ranchers have been actively managing it. It's really a credit to the private landowners that we found as much as we did, and most of it was in pretty good condition. They're good stewards of the land."

Ever been to Ft. Hood? It's not far from where I grew up. If that what stewardship is to the government, then I'm not the one who's crazy.
    Notice how all the "wilderness" areas are in the scenic mountains and not on the plains? When, in fact, one acre of prairie has at least a magnitude greater amount of biodiversity than an acre of forest.

Also, if you have never seen the Purgatoiree River Canyon, you're missing out. It's too bad the military gets to destroy all that natural prairie land.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    Hey people. Just FYI

Do your homework.

yabbut, he sure brings tha lulz

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    yabbut, he sure brings tha lulz

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    I heard a rumor that they were going to start using shuttlers on Apex for drone target practice.
    yeah, but only on odd days.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Flying murder machines?

Even Liburatards aren't against using drones.
    Now that someone else is in office, this seems to be the case.....

The MTB content in this thread is awesome.....

mtbr member
    As a pilot, these things are scary for other reasons too. Most importantly, the ever important "see and avoid" concept. Don't trust these things any further than I can toss them. And don't say technology works, because I see it fail day in and day out.

As for the other issues here, I'd have to read into it more to get a better idea on what to think.

mtbr member
    I don't like seeing this either, but the article doesn't give any project start dates for this nightmare. Hopefully it won't get off the ground.

This just continues to show Eisenhower warnings seem to be more and more justified.

"We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletSlayer View Post
    I don't like seeing this either, but the article doesn't give any project start dates for this nightmare. Hopefully it won't get off the ground.
    Don't kid yourself, they've been flying drones and blimps overhead and for many years.

Last edited by UncleTrail; 10-30-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast