Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Rigid in Evergreen
    The FAA has already started the process of spending many billions of dollars replacing the current air traffic control system with a system that can support the integration of piloted, drone and autonomous aircraft (FAA NextGen ATC System, un-manned aircraft discussed here).

The drone industry is already developing, marketing and testing drones for domestic "security" and "law enforcement" applications. You can order these things "Weaponized" with "Lethal" or "Non-Lethal" (e.g. Ballistic Batons, Tazers, etc.) armament and they fly at 600FT where you can not see or hear them from the ground.

An example of one of these companies is here: Vanguard Defense Industries - Law Enforcement

Too expensive for your local law enforcement agency? I have the Deal of the Century for you...

Obtain a Grant

By nature of the Shadowhawk’s unique capabilities, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies can obtain 100% funding to purchase and maintain a UAS of their own. For further information on applicable grant funding please click the link below or contact us directly for further information.

FEMA: FY 2011 Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP)

i.e.... FREE!!! (for LEO's participating in the HSIN).

mtbr member

OT: Seminar NOT about LGM UFOs

Where do you guys think the science of aircraft design is today?
    Given by MUFON, but it about very real human made UFOs
    "That's Classified" Air Force UFO Secrets Revealed by Mike Schratt - YouTube
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Your bike is incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Where do you guys think the science of aircraft design is today?
    Given by MUFON, but it about very real human made UFOs
    "That's Classified" Air Force UFO Secrets Revealed by Mike Schratt - YouTube

Pretending to be KFC: It bring da lulz.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka View Post
    Pretending to be KFC: It bring da lulz.
    Hahaha...which part, the "UFO" moniker, or that we have aviation tech WAY beyond what we've come accustomed to...two wings, a vertical stabilizer, and a horizontal stabilizer?

Well, photo 20/20 this page: Tacit Blue II

Then, there was this quick Google search on UCAVs. Are most of you just having a mental visual of those Predator drones? That thing's ancient! The one in Top Mounters video is also just a scaled up toy. Think STOL or VTOL w/ vectored thrust nozzles as what's being developed/deployed now.

This thing may be a movie prop:

But this thing's very real:

Last edited by Pau11y; 10-30-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    An example of one of these companies is here: Vanguard Defense Industries - Law Enforcement
    What about Cotter Corp.? Yeah that one. The one with the uranium mine next to White Ranch.

"As the Colorado Independent points out, Cotter Corp. is a subsidiary of General Atomics. General Atomics manufactures Predator drones: unmanned aerial vehicles designed to survey and take action in dangerous areas.

Cotter recently received approval from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to dump 90,000 gallons of radioactive waste into the pond there. Though the pond has a known leak, officials contend that groundwater contamination near Canon City will not worsen due to underground clay barriers that confine the waste."

Cotter Corp, Subsidiary Of Predator Drone Manufacturer, Struggling To Access Radioactive Pond

Hahaha...which part, the "UFO" moniker, or that we have aviation tech WAY beyond what we've come accustomed to...two wings, a vertical stabilizer, and a horizontal stabilizer?

The UFO moniker seems like something UT would use all too freely.

The plane in the top left looks like a giant cockroach. And how much did I have to pay for it?? Now UT is going to start a thread about giant cockroaches taking over southern CO.

rubber side down
    I'm probably in the minority, but I have no problems with drones, nor their use. They make the bad guys quiver in their caves and it puts no American service members at risk. I hope they use more.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    Don't kid yourself, they've been flying drones and blimps overhead and for many years.

Big deal! When these guys take over, let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drones in SE Colorado-cyberdyne_systems_by_cmdrkerner.jpg  

mtbr member
    The plane in the top left looks like a giant cockroach. And how much did I have to pay for it??
    "UFO" is just a moniker the ppl who believe in LGMs took up (oh, I believe in LGMs). But what those letters mean could literally be anything from giant bugs (Mothra!) to the Death Star. I know this thread may seem like a joke, but the tech is real and WAY beyond what most have any idea it's at.

That giant cockroach is a MOVIE PROP => NOT REAL! It's from that movie (Stealth?) w/ Jessica Beal

Edit: remember those hypersonic drones DARPA lost on a high-speed test run...yeah, they're going into space (or at least low earth orbit) w/ it.
    Last edited by Pau11y; 10-30-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

I think I can.

Your talking Las Vegas?

If so yes they can have it back

I'm willing to give the military some land.... north of Death Valley.

They already screwed it up with nukes, so they can have it.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    If so yes they can have it back
    Check out this book. I'm not saying I believe everything she reported, but it should give you a clue on what they did in NV
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by russman View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but I have no problems with drones, nor their use. They make the bad guys quiver in their caves and it puts no American service members at risk. I hope they use more.
    If you want to talk about a war time scenario in a supporting mission with US troops I really have no issues. The problem for me is that when they are used as snipers in the air, they don't just kill bad guys. They kill innocent men, women and children too. The use of drones in Pakistan will backfire. Actually it already has. They are calling it the "drone war" over there. Did you know we were at war with Pakistan? neither did I. But apparently we are.

Drones in Pakistan: Out of the blue | The Economist

"ONE day in March an American drone circled above Pakistan’s North Waziristan tribal area, zeroed in on a gathering of village men, some of whom were armed, and unleashed three missiles in quick succession. It turned out to be a meeting to settle a dispute over a chromite mine. Most of the 40 or so killed were civilians, according to accounts, though a dozen Taliban also died in the attack, including a local commander, Sherabat Khan. The Taliban nowadays often adjudicate quarrels in the tribal areas, a wild buffer zone that runs along Pakistan’s border with Afghanistan.

The attack illustrated two problems with the drone war in the tribal regions: the risk of civilian casualties, and Pakistan’s ambiguous attitude towards America’s use of drones. Pakistan’s army chief, Ashfaq Kayani, called the strike a “complete violation of human rights”. For Pakistan, the difficulty went beyond civilian casualties. Khan was a lieutenant of a notable warlord, Gul Bahadur. But Pakistan considers Mr Bahadur to be a “good Taliban”, ie, one who has agreed to fight only in Afghanistan, not on Pakistani soil. After the strike, he threatened to tear up the deal."

I know this thread may seem like a joke, but the tech is real and WAY beyond what most have any idea it's at.
    No doubt about that. It's just that everything is classified, so there is no way to tell just HOW tech the stuff is. That's when the ppl like UT come in and start guessing, blowing everything out of proportion with conspiracy theories and whatnot. There's a spectrum of ppl that range from head-stuck-in-sand to delusional paranoids. I'll take the middle.

Yappy little dog!
    If you want to talk about a war time scenario in a supporting mission with US troops I really have no issues. The problem for me is that when they are used as snipers in the air, they don't just kill bad guys. They kill innocent men, women and children too. The use of drones in Pakistan will backfire. Actually it already has. They are calling it the "drone war" over there. Did you know we were at war with Pakistan? neither did I. But apparently we are.

Drones in Pakistan: Out of the blue | The Economist

"ONE day in March an American drone circled above Pakistan’s North Waziristan tribal area, zeroed in on a gathering of village men, some of whom were armed, and unleashed three missiles in quick succession. It turned out to be a meeting to settle a dispute over a chromite mine. Most of the 40 or so killed were civilians, according to accounts, though a dozen Taliban also died in the attack, including a local commander, Sherabat Khan. The Taliban nowadays often adjudicate quarrels in the tribal areas, a wild buffer zone that runs along Pakistan’s border with Afghanistan.

The attack illustrated two problems with the drone war in the tribal regions: the risk of civilian casualties, and Pakistan’s ambiguous attitude towards America’s use of drones. Pakistan’s army chief, Ashfaq Kayani, called the strike a “complete violation of human rights”. For Pakistan, the difficulty went beyond civilian casualties. Khan was a lieutenant of a notable warlord, Gul Bahadur. But Pakistan considers Mr Bahadur to be a “good Taliban”, ie, one who has agreed to fight only in Afghanistan, not on Pakistani soil. After the strike, he threatened to tear up the deal."
    Why is this a drone problem? A manned jet would have seen the same thing and unleashed the same weaponry.

Good Taliban? That's like saying there is such a thing as a good Jihadist.

mtbr member
    There's a spectrum of ppl that range from head-stuck-in-sand to delusional paranoids. I'll take the middle.
    Considering just HOW much crap is classified, I'll err on the side of slightly paranoid. Remember the comment Gene Hackman's character (sp?) made (in a movie - Eagle Eye?) that the NSA has an underground facility the size of a football field full of computers to monitor us, in the 80s...and where the evolution of facility like that might be today? Yeah, it's a movie, but have you seen the size of Google's data center in OR...and it's only "one of..." theirs!

Here ya go (scroll down a bit): https://sites.google.com/a/ideasplan...oogle-calendar That bldg w/ the fans on the roof, that's its own power generation plant.

More Data Centers
    The Tokyo one is BEYOND impressive...then there's Google's robotic data retrieval system...resembles some you see in movies huh?
    Last edited by Pau11y; 10-30-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Yappy little dog!
    Considering just HOW much crap is classified, I'll err on the side of slightly paranoid. Remember the comment Gene Hackman's character (sp?) made (in a movie - Eagle Eye?) that the NSA has an underground facility the size of a football field full of computers to monitor us, in the 80s...and where the evolution of facility like that might be today? Yeah, it's a movie, but have you seen the size of Google's data center in OR...and it's only "one of..." theirs!

Here ya go (scroll down a bit): https://sites.google.com/a/ideasplan...oogle-calendar
    I have 14 "always on" computers in my house.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    I have 14 "always on" computers in my house.
    What do you do? Are your machines putting in some serious modeling processes?
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Schnauzers is in charge of patrolling the trails. He uses those computers to monitor biker activities. What you don't realize is that he has buried several thousand scanners beside the trails that monitor things like speed, weight and tire type versus trail conditions. Thus, he can tell if someone is riding when it's muddy, or if they are off trail, etc. It's like the bat cave, only it's the Schnauzer Den.

mtbr member
    Schnauzers is in charge of patrolling the trails. He uses those computers to monitor biker activities. What you don't realize is that he has buried several thousand scanners beside the trails that monitor things like speed, weight and tire type versus trail conditions. Thus, he can tell if someone is riding when it's muddy, or if they are off trail, etc. It's like the bat cave, only it's the Schnauzer Den.
    Meh, much easily done w/ drones.

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Why is this a drone problem? A manned jet would have seen the same thing and unleashed the same weaponry.

Good Taliban? That's like saying there is such a thing as a good Jihadist.
    No. That would be considered a US soldier in Pakistan, or boots on the ground, requiring authorization by Congress and a formal declaration of war. The use of drones in Pakistan subverts that process and the US Constitution. The more we allow these types of activities to take place, the less our Constitution means to the criminals in power.

mtbr member
    The more we allow these types of activities to take place, the less our Constitution means to the criminals in power.
    That thing you called "our Constitution" was never intended for everyone. Remember when and who penned the thing.

Oh here we go...let the hate 5h!t-storm fly!
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Considering just HOW much crap is classified, I'll err on the side of slightly paranoid.
    You're wise to do so. Remember back in the Clinton Administration when there were these big debates over the ethics of whether or not we should attempt splicing human-animal genes? Well, not 15 feet away from me sat an incubator with human/mouse hybrid cells inside. We were already doing it before the media even began discussing whether or not we should. Happy Halloween.

As far as UAV's in a domestic setting. My issue is that they will start to be used for traffic/code enforcement, and other revenue generating operations, in addition to violating my 4th Amendment rights. That's how things are rolled out. Kind of like the microphones in street lights. At first it's "to get the bad guys", then before you know it, we're snooping on private conversations of everyone walking down the street and then running the words through key word filters.

With the introduction of UAV's, it's not too difficult to understand many cities quick discontinuance of red light cameras. They probably got a DHS grant to purchase UAV's...
    traffic enforcement will be the next step. Maybe that's the reason why CDOT still has the aerial speed enforcement signs up?

EDIT: Think about how many speeding tickets could be written in one day by a single drone with an automated camera system. Hundreds if not thousands of tickets a day. You don't think that type of revenue stream is tempting?
    Last edited by UncleTrail; 10-30-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Yappy little dog!
    . It's like the bat cave, only it's the Schnauzer Den.
    More like a dog house.

Yappy little dog!
    What do you do? Are your machines putting in some serious modeling processes?
    I'm an IT Director, but I do some "stuff" for people on the side.

My kids and Wife have their own computers and I am lumping in the game systems and Apple TV devices as well. Add in the tablets, server in the basement, and three computers in my office and you get to 14.

Don't worry, I only have the wireless cameras focused on my neighbor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drones in SE Colorado-dcs-932l2011072711150201.jpg  

mtbr member
    Flying murder machines?

Did you get that article from the nutjobs protesting across from the Costco in Arvada today? Even Liburatards aren't against using drones. Must be some kind of Ron Paul cult.

Edit: I saw them after I exercised my 2nd amendment right at the Silver Bullet Shooting Range in Wheat Ridge.
    Dear Schnauzertard,
    The more I read your posts, the less I like you.
    Of course putting the "tard" suffix on any broad group of people (whoever the liburatards may be) just makes you look stupid. Putting it on one individual can make sense however, if you have sufficient knowledge of that person. With that in mind, I now proclaim your new name to be Schnauzertard.

(Please don't try to invite me for a "beer" again).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast