mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Doudy Draw revealed

In the spirit of trying out trails I've not been on (Heil last week) I set out on Doudy Draw. The trailhead on 93 (at 128) is called Flatirons Vista (I've driven past that a thousand times). There can be no argument that this is a beginner trail. I connected with the Community Ditch Trail which was even easier then returned on the Greenbelt Plateau. I can see this being a great after dinner spin but the crowds must be horrendous on the weekend.

Pics: map of the trail, the Mud-O-Meter telling us things are good to go, some gnar-lite (Doudy Style), nice vistas and what this trail system mostly looks like. Any need for speed couldn't get satisfied 'cause you'd be spending too much time dodging the doggies, families, joggers etc. If there was no one else out on the trails (like today) you can grind uphill into a stiff breeze (is it ever not windy out there) for a decent workout. It was about a 7 mile loop.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Perpetually single track
    Doooood...you gotta keep stashes like this on the DL yo!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Hey, I saw you

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Doooood...you gotta keep stashes like this on the DL yo!
    You were on that pink hardtail, right? You looked kinda nervous. I thought heard you muttering something about "too much exposure".
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    See any snakes on the trail?
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    See any snakes on the trail?
    he means besides the one on the blue heckler…
    [SIZE="1"]{rimshot}[/SIZE]