Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Double Track Trail in Monument/ Palmer Lake

928 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ispymtnbikes 
#1 ·
I drove through the Monument/Palmer Lake area this weekend, for the first time in a year or two.
When I was driving East on County Line Rd after leaving Palmer Lake, (in between Hwy 105 and I-25) I noticed a new double track trail on the North side of the road. There were at least 5 or 6 cars parked there and I coule see people riding in the distance. Does anyone know what this trail is, or how far it goes? I though it might be a good, easy place to take my wife riding.

#2 ·
Actually it is both single and double track. You can start near Palmer Lake and ride the double track for awhile then hang a right and ride the single track up to the other Trail Head at Greenland Rd.

To answer you question about the name this is part of the Front Range trail system and is called the Greenland Open Space if I remember correctly. The trial splits about 1/2 mi from the Greenland parking area and goes south about 1/2 mi or so off I25 as single track. Other than the elevation gain from Greenland to Monument Hill this is all easy single track. I think the total loop is about 9-10 mi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.