skillz to pay billz

DOTS - an open letter

Dear who ever tore down my beautiful log bridge,

Why you got to play me like that? It took about an hour to build it up. I carried deadfall from up to 30 yards away. I was bitten by multiple mosquitoes during construction. I went over the bars like three times not being able to see the other side had come undone. Thanks for nothing.

yours,

nOOby
    Last edited by nOOby; 07-29-2008 at 09:35 PM.

friend of Apex
    Dam trail nazis
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Don't feel too bad man. My family and I camped up in Winter Park last weekend right off Blue Sky trail. My 2 boys and I rode down Blue Sky on Saturday around 4:00 pm. Made a little loop and headed back down Blue sky a second time (my boys are 13 and 11). This time they were a little more comfortable with the trail so they increased their speed a bit...well some jacka$$(es) went out and put multiple fallen trees across the blind sections so I had the novelty of watching my kids go a$$ over tea kettle over the trees somebody laid over the trail. After riding the 1.5 mile stretch we ended up pulling at least 8 fallen trees off the trail. Sucks. What do you do?

skillz to pay billz
    sure logs would pop out if you looked at them funny and it was totally dangerous to walk over but I don't care. Boooooo!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Sorry bud. Just trying to make ya feel a bit better over your little childish bridge ya built and let ya know you are not alone. Maybe stick to your lincoln logs. You may be safer.

..Not sure I needed to be flamed but oh well...

skillz to pay billz
    dOOd, am I flaming you? Is it not clear that I'm just messing around?

I didn't build this thing to booby trap 11 years olds.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Just seemed that way to me. Not gonna lose sleep over it tho...take care. I hope whoever wrecked your bridge has the decency to go back out and fix it. Don't understand why people do that stuff but I guess it is somthing we gotta live with.

skillz to pay billz
    FYI, there was a large tree lying across the trail blocking it. About 2' high on the high side and 3' on the low side. I just made it ridable(questionable) again.

Sorry your kids got sabotaged, you sound a little sensitive right now. I didn't even reference your post, I was talking about my handi work.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Prolly the same Trail Nazis got us both.

I am out...

Ride On!

skillz to pay billz
    Jeffco out of my back yard!!!

skillz to pay billz
    this started out as a joke thread, now I've hurt some dOOds feelings and I'm talking to myself. I suck at the internets!

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    this started out as a joke thread, now I've hurt some dOOds feelings and I'm talking to myself. I suck at the internets!
    Have another beer and go to bed. I'm, fairly sure he and you will both recover from your days trauma.

Sorry bout the bridge...
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

..ouch
    FYI, there was a large tree lying across the trail blocking it. About 2' high on the high side and 3' on the low side. I just made it ridable(questionable) again.
    Are you talking about the large downed tree on Doe Tr from last spring? If so, I'm not surprised, that's pretty much a dog walking trail for Big Springs. Plenty of hippies that don't want to see any type of trail maintenance done... pretty much like their homes.

Slopestyle Rider
    I love open letters on the intrawebs

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I just carry a folding saw and cut out up to 12' trees across the trail.

skillz to pay billz
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    Are you talking about the large downed tree on Doe Tr from last spring? If so, I'm not surprised, that's pretty much a dog walking trail for Big Springs. Plenty of hippies that don't want to see any type of trail maintenance done... pretty much like their homes.

nah, closer to the east end of blue dot at the first draw after the meadow, probably a 15" diameter tree.

VooDoo user.
    Lets switch hit and talk about some of the Pu$$y lines being created over on some of the Hobits @ W. mag. What the hell is going on. Nut up people. That trail is already stupid easy.

skillz to pay billz
    what?! thats just crazy talk. Which section? The only one I've seen lately is the one after the hairpin->little draw->slight up-> root next to tree-> before the big rock

skillz to pay billz
    on a less whiney note, west mag, reboot and the dots are a fine commute home from the ned bus. Really enjoying it to unwind after work.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    on a less whiney note, west mag, reboot and the dots are a fine commute home from the ned bus. Really enjoying it to unwind after work.
    That's nice. Really nice way to unwind. All I have to unwind is some dirt roads and a little bit of the Foothills trail close to Wonderland Lake, on my commute home.

As to the log, next time, just bunny hop it.

_MK
    Last edited by MK_; 07-30-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Stiff yet compliant
    Perhaps next time you should consult Bob Vila's new how-to guide.

"Constructing tamper resistant, rickety azz log features on your local forest trails."

skillz to pay billz
    what no link?