Kaj
    mtbr member

Don't put your pinky in a wooden berm

It may hurt. The "Cruel and Unusual" trail at Winter Park took a victim on Sunday and it was my pinky I yanked it back straight and kept riding, cause it was so much fun, but then I decided it hurt a bit more than a dislocation should. Good news is I got back on my bike on Monday, bad news is it was a road bike, and will be for a few weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don't put your pinky in a wooden berm-finger.jpg  

Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

mtbr member
    Nice one! A broken pinky can hurt quite a bit while riding. I broke my left pinky 10 years ago and it hurt like a SOB.

Stiff yet compliant
    Oh come on now Kaj and admit to what really happened. You slipped while masturbating.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider View Post
    Oh come on now Kaj and admit to what really happened. You slipped while masturbating.
    Only top pros can ride wooden berms while masturbating, beyond my skill level

Goofing off?
    I wish you would have told me this before Friday the 13th, 1989. Dang it! I am always learning the hard way.

friend of Apex
    ^^^ holy crap

Story please
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    could have been worse, you could have ended up with something like this:

(linked to protect the innocent) http://tinyurl.com/6txtfwz

Goofing off?
    Woodshop 9th grade. Yep, I was THAT kid. Happened on a table saw making a rocking cradle for my soon to be neice. It wasn't taken off, it was more like spaghetti finger. The doc amputated cause it was unrepairable. Yes it hurt but the only real trouble is that I was a guitar player so I switched to bass as it is easier with one less. My kids and their friends are amused by it. No regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    ^^^ holy crap

Story please

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    thats why you got 10, so if you lose one or two it's ok

the only bummer is if you lose the wrong ones you have problems with trigger shifters

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Intenserider2 View Post
    Woodshop 9th grade. Yep, I was THAT kid. Happened on a table saw making a rocking cradle for my soon to be neice. It wasn't taken off, it was more like spaghetti finger. The doc amputated cause it was unrepairable. Yes it hurt but the only real trouble is that I was a guitar player so I switched to bass as it is easier with one less. My kids and their friends are amused by it. No regrets.
    Does your pinky get cold easy? My friend lost the top of his middle finger and he's just got skin right over the bone. Not much insulation so that finger gets cold fast.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    All better now- 4 weeks till mtb, 2 weeks till road
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don't put your pinky in a wooden berm-photo-1.jpg  

Don't put your pinky in a wooden berm-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow, that's crazy. Looks like you got spliced up in someone's garage with some spare wood screws and plumber's strap. I guess the duct tape cast doesn't show up on x-rays.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    You're lucky you didn't crunch the knuckle. My surgery was June 1 and I'm still many weeks away from the mountain bike, though I can maybe get on a cruiser.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Fight in high school

Guy's front tooth went down into the knuckle. Infection played havoc in there. I haven't been able to straighten it my entire adult life. Didn't stop me from becoming a ChamPeen frisbee thrower or gripping a hammer or handlebars, but I can't sit on my right hand to warm it up in the winter.
    Last edited by xcguy; 12-02-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett