mtbr member

Dog Friendly Trails/Areas

Looking for Dog friendly (aka no leash) areas to ride in Littleton/Boulder Area. Anything from all-out riding spots to small loops where she can run with me while I ride.

Preferably places with fewer sightings of deer (she likes to chase them)

Or if anyone else has a dog and would like to ride together I'd be up for that too

mtbr member
    You can try Marshall Mesa or the Boulder Res areas. Marshall Mesa is nice in that much of the year there is a ditch with water, but there are also cows and prairie dogs. I think at Boulder Res there are prairie dogs as well.

You could also go up to the trails around Magnolia (near Nederland). Not much water around but some fun trails.

mtbr member
    On the recommendation of someone on this board, I rode West Mag (Nederland) with my dog a couple weeks ago and it was great!

Marshall Mesa is bike and off-leash dog friendly - just be aware that there are lots of interesting things for dogs to chase (prairie dogs, cows ...) and it can be quite crowded.

mtbr member
    late reply and not exactly Boulder but close. 102J out of Jamestown (20 minutes outside of Boulder) I ride with my dogs there all the time. Lots of available water so no need to carry for the dogs and they can swim, no leash requirments and little or no traffic. All in all a great dog ride to wear em out and get some OK mileage in. I'm headed there tomorrow for that very reason.

Members who have read this thread: 0