mtbr member

Does anyone have a set of 650b wheels I can throw on my bike to see?

Thinking of doing a 650b conversion on a SC Blur LTc. I was hoping someone local would have a set of 650b wheels I can mount up on my bike and take some measurements before I commit w/ some plastic hoops. I have a 20mmTA fork and a 135mm QR rear. I'm on the injured/disabled list for lawn-darting off of the third wood feature on No Quarter into a bomb-crater, so completely free this wknd... Thanks in advance!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Hopefully you can find someone with a 135QR rear. I'd love to find the same to do a test fit on my GF Roscoe. Really just need to test fit the 135QR rear as it has been documented that the front will work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yep, I've got 650b on my Blur LT.... 15mm t/a on the front though, although it should be good enough for you to check out in terms of clearance and measuring. I have a 135mm rear axle, so that would work just fine. I'm up in Niwot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yep, I've got 650b on my Blur LT.... 15mm t/a on the front though, although it should be good enough for you to check out in terms of clearance and measuring. I have a 135mm rear axle, so that would work just fine. I'm up in Niwot.
    Smmokan,
    What I'm looking to measure are things that I'd need a pretty solid platform...HTA, BB height, etc...and not just looking for clearances. I'm pretty sure I'm okay there...between your exp and what's been posted. I short-shocked that Monarch Plus and a Fox 36. These angles and height will also dictate if I change fork on the final conversion, back to a 32 Float 150...and by extension, if I keep it as a burly build, or a lighter XC/trail build.
    The little Blur is turning into my experiment bike...something I learn to tune frame geo, suspension shimming on

Edit: the 32's bushings are clapped out, which is why they're not mounted up.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    PM'd you. I'd like to take you up on your test fit offer at your convenience.

Candlestick Maker
    Edit: sheesh, I just realized this thread was started a couple months ago. Anyway, my offer still stands if either of you are still looking for a 20/135 wheelset to try out...

I have a 650b wheelset that is 20mm/135mm. I'd be happy to let you guys borrow it if you don't make it a PITA for me. I live in Monument and work in the Denver Tech Center (off of Arapahoe).

baker
    Last edited by baker; 11-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    baker

Goat of Legend
    What kind of hubs? I have a set of Hope 20mm front adapters laying around that could be used if they are Hopes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    SRAM Rise 40 wheelset with 15x100 and 10x135mm.