Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,462

    Do yourself a favor: Race in New Mexico.

    Seriously, if you've never been to Angel Fire you really should go. The place is SUPER FUN, the racing is competetive, the surroundings are beautiful. One of the World Cup rounds was held there last year, and the racing will take place on all the World Cup tracks, including the WC designed mountain cross course.

    If you're driving from the West Coast out to the US Open, just leave a little early and hit this joint up on the way. People from Tejas and Arkansas already know what I'm talking about! And of course, there'll be a strong contingent of people from Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Utah racing, riding, and generally having a good time. Get on it!

    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  2. #2
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    Seriously, if you've never been to Angel Fire you really should go. The place is SUPER FUN, the racing is competetive, the surroundings are beautiful. One of the World Cup rounds was held there last year, and the racing will take place on all the World Cup tracks, including the WC designed mountain cross course.

    If you're driving from the West Coast out to the US Open, just leave a little early and hit this joint up on the way. People from Tejas and Arkansas already know what I'm talking about! And of course, there'll be a strong contingent of people from Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Utah racing, riding, and generally having a good time. Get on it!

    Take your digusting spam elsewhere - SPAMMER!





    Now that that's out of the way, see you in Newer Mexico.
    Now with more vitriol!

  3. #3
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,462
    I Spam, therefore I am.
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  4. #4
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    I Spam, therefore I am.
    Just figured I'd chime in on JD's behalf this year.
    Now with more vitriol!

  5. #5
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,462
    You don't know how much I appreciate all my e-friends keeping me honest!

    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    I'm sooooo stoked for Angel Fire! I can't wait to ride a lift again... well you know what I mean, like it should be in the summer with your bike next ya!

  7. #7
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,462
    Watch out... them rocks wants to eat you...


    Sicktastical.
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  8. #8
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    I need a ride down, anybody want to carpool?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: breckseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    296

    It begins!

    I am stoked for the events, although my rookie ass is scared! This will be season #3 on a bike for me, Season 2 racing XC and Season 1 racing gravity. I am not too woried about the Beginer DH, but the MX has me a little freaked out cause I have no idea what I'm doing. Any suggestions for a 30 year old greenhorn ?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Yeehaw! Can't wait for this one! Does anyone have any idea when the lifts are supposed to open? Hopefully they'll open the weekend before the race like they did last year.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Yeehaw! Can't wait for this one! Does anyone have any idea when the lifts are supposed to open? Hopefully they'll open the weekend before the race like they did last year.
    That's what I'm hoping... I'm thinking about going down the weekend before and just staying all week in my trailer! Camping, riding, drinking, grilling... Oh yeah!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    432
    Anyone know of a good, inexpensive place to stay?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by breckseth
    I am not too woried about the Beginer DH, but the MX has me a little freaked out cause I have no idea what I'm doing. Any suggestions for a 30 year old greenhorn ?
    I'm not trying to scare you or anything but have you seen the Angel Fire MTX course? My advice would be to try to stay alive.
    Last edited by bikeandski; 04-22-2006 at 09:32 AM.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    That's what I'm hoping... I'm thinking about going down the weekend before and just staying all week in my trailer! Camping, riding, drinking, grilling... Oh yeah!
    Oh yeah! Need a roommate for that weekend?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Oh yeah! Need a roommate for that weekend?
    Dude you are always welcome at the Box hotel!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by weimie
    Anyone know of a good, inexpensive place to stay?
    I think the only hotel in Angel Fire is at the resort, I've never stayed there but I'm pretty sure it's fairly reasonable... lots of camping near by too.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    As far as I understand, the hotel rooms are sold out, but the condos can be a real bargain!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Sweet! Rock on!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    I ran into somebody yesterday that was in Taos last week... I asked about how much snow was around and he said it was all gone... So hopefully conditions will be great!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: breckseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    296

    Mx

    Yeah I saw some pic's, hey I've done worse things with my time! If it wasnt scary it wouldn't be fun!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by breckseth
    Yeah I saw some pic's, hey I've done worse things with my time! If it wasnt scary it wouldn't be fun!
    I agree... have fun, good luck!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: breckseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    296

    thanks

    The Cyclecyn web site says the whole thing is rollable, and I figure in the 30-39 rookie crowd, I can hold my own.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    17
    We are talking and dreaming about Angel Fire, but tomorow is Nathrop

  24. #24
    mutaullyassuredsuffering
    Reputation: used2Bhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,050

    XC course anyone?

    What's the XC course like? Is it up 1000' to the top then right back down like most resorts, or is it more entertaining? I'm wondering if I need to get my hill climbing legs back....

  25. #25
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by used2Bhard
    I'm wondering if I need to get my hill climbing legs back....
    It wouldn't be a bad idea...
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •