Results 1 to 56 of 56
  1. #1
    Shread Ready
    Reputation: Thrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,214

    Do you Ski or Snowboard and If so, What Pass?

    Now that Winter is approaching I'm wondering what everyones doing during the "off-season"?
    I've been snowboarding my whole life and it can be really nice being in the mtns on a powder day! Anyways, I'm wondering if you guys ski or snowboard and what pass you bought. I bought the 5 mtn Colorado pass and am looking forward to a nice season up in the hills. I'm not really big on the pre-season riding and will be waiting until their is some real snow on the hills with a few runs open.

    I might go hangout on snowboard.com soon but I'm finding this site quite entertaining still thanks to threads like when mtn lions attack.

  2. #2
    Do Nothing
    Reputation: Tantrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    43

    I ride with...

    the 5 mountain pass but spend most of my time at Breck and Keystone. Checkout the other consumer review site for snowboarding: http://forums.outdoorreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32.

  3. #3
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    Copper/WP/Steamboat

  4. #4
    Shread Ready
    Reputation: Thrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Copper/WP/Steamboat
    Oh nice, I'm surprised at how little they Advertise the WP/Copper pass. I don't think I've heard one commercial from them? They advertise the Colorado Pass big time.

    I gotta admit I love Steamboat and haven't had a chance to ride there since 04 or 05. I hope to make it up there this season. A lot of my friends from HS ended up in the Boat. Gotta love that light/fluffy powder! That's once expensive pass if you opted for the Steamboat addition!

    http://www.passwagon.com/index.htm

  5. #5
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher
    Oh nice, I'm surprised at how little they Advertise the WP/Copper pass. I don't think I've heard one commercial from them? They advertise the Colorado Pass big time.

    I gotta admit I love Steamboat and haven't had a chance to ride there since 04 or 05. I hope to make it up there this season. A lot of my friends from HS ended up in the Boat. Gotta love that light/fluffy powder! That's once expensive pass if you opted for the Steamboat addition!

    http://www.passwagon.com/index.htm
    Naw - the Super Pass Plus includes 6 days at da Boat which is PLENTY... at least it's plenty at this point.

    I had an absolutely KILLER morning at the Boat last year.


  6. #6
    183 BRO's before hoes.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    583
    Ski Loveland till close then finish the season off at A-basin.

  7. #7
    "thunderstruck"
    Reputation: bigtoe66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    monoski-loveland-35 minutes from the house and no tunnel rats
    " I Got Nuthin"

  8. #8
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Naw - the Super Pass Plus includes 6 days at da Boat which is PLENTY... at least it's plenty at this point.
    Whatchoo talkin 'bout Whilis?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles

    I had an absolutely KILLER morning at the Boat last year.
    I seem to remember that day quite well...
    20 below at the base kept the numbers low on the warmer, and quite powdery hillside.

  9. #9
    Cycling, FTW!!
    Reputation: MarkoInTheBoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher
    Oh nice, I'm surprised at how little they Advertise the WP/Copper pass. I don't think I've heard one commercial from them? They advertise the Colorado Pass big time.
    orly? www.Freezecompany.com

    "Freeze Company" its a new sitcom created by Intrawest. Brilliant.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1EIkF8oufk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1EIkF8oufk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by MarkoInTheBoat; 10-19-2008 at 05:02 AM.
    "When you pay $340 to do a 24 hour race you'll only have enough money to eat mustard sandwiches the rest of the year." -TD

  10. #10
    zrm
    zrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,559
    My ski pass is climbing skins, my legs and my lungs.

    EDIT: I generally buy a three area Nordic pass every year. Good for Breckenridge, Gold Run, and Frisco nordic Centers. I generaly do about 50-60 days in the BC on my Teles and ski another 40 or so of both skate and classic at the Nordic centers. I also do a fair amount of skinny ski touring on many of the same trails I mountian bke on in the summer.
    Last edited by zrm; 10-19-2008 at 07:35 PM.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gatorchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    87
    5 mountain but spend most of our time at the Basin!

    I'm hoping to get into the backcountry this year and hopefully make the whole pass buying thing a thing of the past!

  12. #12
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    splitboard.com

    Cant stand the schitshow that is summit county and the rest.

  13. #13
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    I have to say I'm glad to see so many people are getting the 5-mountain pass.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hairylegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    536
    I have the Five mtn pass but I spend most of my time at A-Basin. I really should dial it down to just an A-Basin pass. Breck and Vail are awesome resorts but I usually don't have the patience to spend the extra time on I-70 (aka Satan's Interstate) any longer than absolutely necessary.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,510

    That is my plan for this year!! Ready to take my circular saw to my lib tech and be done with ski passes in summit county.

    After living in colorado for a long time and riding wolf creek, crested butte, telluride, monarch, steamboat, berthoud and the back country you really start to realize how much summit county ski areas and winter park are so boring, flat and crowded. It's great they are close and cheap to get passes but just not worth it to me anymore. I vowed to never ride breck or keystone ever again. It's been 5 years and counting. I will miss riding vail and beaver creek.
    So all you 5 mountain and winter park/copper pass holders......I am out. I know i won't be missed!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8sOa...eature=related


    Quote Originally Posted by gatorchick
    5 mountain but spend most of our time at the Basin!

    I'm hoping to get into the backcountry this year and hopefully make the whole pass buying thing a thing of the past!

  16. #16
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450

    That is my plan for this year!! Ready to take my circular saw to my lib tech and be done with ski passes in summit county.

    After living in colorado for a long time and riding wolf creek, crested butte, telluride, monarch, steamboat, berthoud and the back country you really start to realize how much summit county ski areas and winter park are so boring, flat and crowded. It's great they are close and cheap to get passes but just not worth it to me anymore. I vowed to never ride breck or keystone ever again. It's been 5 years and counting. I will miss riding vail and beaver creek.
    So all you 5 mountain and winter park/copper pass holders......I am out. I know i won't be missed!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8sOa...eature=related
    x2... I'll go to CB or Highlands for a few days though... Now that I have a real monday-friday job I'm not buying a pass. Its just not worth going to Summit on the weekends. I'd rather drive 12 miles to Hall Ranch, which was rideable 11 out of 12 months last year. Bobcat was good in the winter too.
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  17. #17
    OMG!
    Reputation: adjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    412
    both

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    276
    I snowboard, spend most of my time on Mary Jane, so I have the WP/Copper pass...hoping the get some big snow days in at Vail, also....

  19. #19
    Bad Andy
    Reputation: andychrysler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    877
    ABasin
    Hopefully some backcountry

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26
    I get a Rocky Mountain National Park pass, a set of skins, and my AT gear. It's only an hour from home, there's never any traffic, and there are hardly any skiers.

    And just like mountain biking, the climbing is as rewarding as the descents.

  21. #21
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,537
    People go in the mountains in the winter time?! You must tell me about this, should I take I-70?
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  22. #22
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,752
    No way... 285 to Fairplay/Alma area then up and over Hoosier Pass is the hot route from what I hear...
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  23. #23
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    No way... 285 to Fairplay/Alma area then up and over Hoosier Pass is the hot route from what I hear...
    We did that route coming home one Sunday. Took us 3 hours. Probably would've taken 3 hours to get to the tunnel that day (traffic backup started ~2 miles up Tenmile Canyon from the west Frisco exit).

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10
    This is my first winter here. I've got the five mountain pass, but I figure I'll probably do most of my skiing at A-Basin. I'm waiting for my first experience on "Satan's Interstate."

  25. #25
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,537
    Quote Originally Posted by twhatmor
    This is my first winter here. I've got the five mountain pass, but I figure I'll probably do most of my skiing at A-Basin. I'm waiting for my first experience on "Satan's Interstate."
    Yup, its super scary. Tell everyone you know to never ever go in the mountains. Its extra scary when it snows 12"+ so definitely don't go then.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  26. #26
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by twhatmor
    This is my first winter here. I've got the five mountain pass, but I figure I'll probably do most of my skiing at A-Basin. I'm waiting for my first experience on "Satan's Interstate."
    Seriously dude, it is HELL. You will sit in traffic for 3-6hours sometimes. You will find yourself asking if it's worth it or at least you should be. And if i find you driving up alone on a weekend with texas plates I'll slash your tires and steal your windshield wipers.

    Carpool people, spread the gospel.

  27. #27
    Rocket Scientist
    Reputation: bpatterson6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,011
    Off Topic:
    All summer Keystone offered buy 1 get 1 for winter pass holders. I was at Keystone for Closing day during the summer. A winter pass holder who apparently couldnt be found in the computer was acting like real douche because he didnt wanna pay $30.00 for a full day of MTB. He was yelling at the people behind the counter. I hope they don't offer that next summer. People like him are what give us Mountain bikers a bad name.

  28. #28
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenFlow
    ou driving up alone on a weekend with texas plates I'll slash your tires and steal your windshield wipers.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Texan would probably wipe the road with you... I hear so many people talk trash about Texans, yet I have yet to see one of you do it face to face. People from that part of the country (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, etc) are nice people, but have a different way of dealing with trash talkers. Go ahead... do it and see how it turns out for you.

    I love how some of you like to hate on one of the main sources of Colorado's revenue. If people from out of state stopped coming here, this state's economy blows away like dust in the wind.

    (Like my Kansas "Dust in the Wind" reference?)
    Last edited by joelalamo45; 10-20-2008 at 03:53 PM.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenFlow
    Seriously dude, it is HELL. You will sit in traffic for 3-6hours sometimes. You will find yourself asking if it's worth it or at least you should be. And if i find you driving up alone on a weekend with texas plates I'll slash your tires and steal your windshield wipers.

    Carpool people, spread the gospel.
    Don't worry, I'm not from Texas.

    Amen on the carpooling.

  30. #30
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Texan would probably wipe the road with you... I hear so many people talk trash about Texans, yet I have yet to see one of you do it face to face. People from that part of the country (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, etc) have a different way of dealing with trash talkers. Go ahead... do it and see how it turns out for you.
    Texas sucks.

  31. #31
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Texas sucks.
    You can schedule a face-to-face anytime you want

  32. #32
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    You can schedule a face-to-face anytime you want
    I already told TooManyToyz and my buddy from Texas... they didn't have any trouble with it...

  33. #33
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,537
    If Texas doesn't suck, why are so many Texans here?

    I'm a firm believe that people who suck can, and do, come from any state.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  34. #34
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    Almost all Texans move here for relief from the heat. It certainly isn't for the insane amounts of hot women here, or the job market, or the price of housing... If Texas wasn't so damn hot, there would be a drastically smaller amount of them here.

    And spare me with the "everybody moves here" argument. Texas is so full of people from Cali and the Northeast that moved there because of housing and jobs that it's not even funny. Colorado is such small potatoes population-wise that it's not even funny. People here act like the world is coming to an end because a small amount of out-of-staters moved here. Boo-hoo. Try living in a big city like Dallas and going to a Stars game when the Red Wings play there. 75% of the crowd is from Detroit. So many more people move to Texas from out of state than move here. By a mile. Make that two miles.

    Just sayin.

  35. #35
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Wipe the road? As in how? Like a big ol can a texas whipass? Or like they're actually better drivers? Cause I'll disagree with both.

    Joel, you dont know me dude so i doubt you've ever seen any remarks I've made to texans face to face. Let me assure you I've made some good ones. Who doesn't have good ammo for texans.

  36. #36
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    If Texas doesn't suck, why are so many Texans here?

    I'm a firm believe that people who suck can, and do, come from any state.
    Oh i'll agree to that

  37. #37
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenFlow
    Wipe the road?
    As in pound you. Yes.

  38. #38
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Well only a texan would say wipe the road with you.

    Still disagree. I'm a big enough guy Joel since you wanna go there. Thug life B****, what.

  39. #39
    old skool newbie
    Reputation: goldenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    819

    thinking about Echo mt.

    What about echo mountain pass - $149? and you get off where the traffic starts

  40. #40
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenFlow
    Thug life B****, what.
    Hahahahahaha! How cute. A mountain/front range gangster! Look everybody, he's thuggin!

    1-Pac, ease up... You're the one who said you were gonna slash tires. If you slash tires and get caught, you will get f'ed up... by just about anybody, but rednecks will especially put it on you.

    Dunno why you had to threaten vandalism, but you reap what you sow.

  41. #41
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,168
    Wells Fargo student scam baby! Open account, get BOGO voucher, get pass, close account! Copper/WP-Jane for $205.00/each! I can scam passes at the 'Boat so no need to pay an extra $280 for the Boat part.

  42. #42
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Joel, your seriously demonstrating some texan lameness here. Dude if you cant get jokes and sarcasm I cant help you. I even put a little smiley face behind it to try and make it obvious for some. Get over it dude. Texans will always be the butt of jokes in Colorado.

  43. #43
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Almost all Texans move here for relief from the heat. It certainly isn't for the insane amounts of hot women here, or the job market, or the price of housing... If Texas wasn't so damn hot, there would be a drastically smaller amount of them here.

    And spare me with the "everybody moves here" argument. Texas is so full of people from Cali and the Northeast that moved there because of housing and jobs that it's not even funny. Colorado is such small potatoes population-wise that it's not even funny. People here act like the world is coming to an end because a small amount of out-of-staters moved here. Boo-hoo. Try living in a big city like Dallas and going to a Stars game when the Red Wings play there. 75% of the crowd is from Detroit. So many more people move to Texas from out of state than move here. By a mile. Make that two miles.

    Just sayin.
    Wait just one second!

    You're from TEXAS aren't you??


  44. #44
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenFlow
    I even put a little smiley face behind it to try and make it obvious for some.
    Sorry, don't see a smiley face, but I'll take you at your word. It's all good man, no harm no foul.

  45. #45
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Wanna hug it out bitc#?

    The smiley is there. I went with the sketchy, shifty eye guy. It was meant to compliment my sarcasm(Which as we all know doesnt translate on the intarweb.) and to emphasize carpooling to CO newbs.

  46. #46
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenFlow
    Wanna hug it out bitc#?

    The smiley is there. I went with the sketchy, shifty eye guy. It was meant to compliment my sarcasm(Which as we all know doesnt translate on the intarweb.) and to emphasize carpooling to CO newbs.
    That's COMPLEMENT foo'!

  47. #47
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Almost all Texans move here for relief from the heat.
    Except TooManyToyz. That boy b1tches about how cold 60* is...

  48. #48
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Got me there. I think that was the first time in my forum career I've had my spelling corrected. Honestly.

    Kudos...Khudos to you sir.

    Anyway, I dont think I mentioned I'm a card carryin Copper/WP/Boat badazz.

  49. #49
    wanna be
    Reputation: bigmariow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62

    Less jib, more carve

    Hard boots and race boards @ lovey
    I shave with rocks

  50. #50
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    More jib, less carve

  51. #51
    Pivot Rider
    Reputation: Yetigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenFlow
    Got me there. I think that was the first time in my forum career I've had my spelling corrected. Honestly.
    Phfffft. You obviously have NOT been paying attention to these forums. The bacon man has GOT to be, hands down, the best spelling whiz (or is that wiz?? ) out there!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

  52. #52
    Fast, not that fast
    Reputation: EvenFlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetigirl
    Phfffft. You obviously have NOT been paying attention to these forums. The bacon man has GOT to be, hands down, the best spelling whiz (or is that wiz?? ) out there!
    I knew there had to be some relevance(sp?) in there. I figured it stemmed from the Where your helmet thread but I guess there's been others?? Spelling was the only thing I was good at in school. And P.E.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,510
    Do it.

  54. #54
    @2whlfun
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    524
    I got the 5 mtn pass and just like summer I hit all options as often as possible

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,777
    My wife and I do Winter Park/Mary Jane. The friends and I do Berthoud Pass

  56. #56
    183 BRO's before hoes.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Texas sucks.
    Texas sucks, Texans are some of the nicest people I have met.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •