Stiff yet compliant

Do you know this sign?

Aside from the misconceptions about erosion.
    Private property but public access is implied. I saw fresh bike tracks going down the path.
    Anyone know about it? Open trail? Where does it go?

Related to the thread last week "Flagstaff road past Walker".
    I went up there today.
    Gate and "PRIVATE PROPERTY NO TRESSPASSING" sign but that's a public road passing between them. WTF!

what nice teeth you have
    Not sure where that is exactly but if its a county or state maintained road you can ride on the road but not the property around it. Old flowers road is like that near Fort Collins. There is usually a trade off. The road itself is on private property but the county maintains the road and in return the owners have to allow anyone to drive through. Check with your local sherriff, transportation dept, county govt, local park rangers.

Rolling
    never seen it. but watch out for the sign....

mtbr member

i wish i could dance like that

is that val kilmer or our very own nickle?

sign.jpg

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    sign
    I've walked through to the other side, which feels very much like private propety. It pops out on a private road that connects to Magnolia. Never been on it since. No real reason to, as I ususally head west of Gross Res.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Stiff yet compliant
    nadinno78- This is CR 68j in Boulder county. I say WTF because there appears to be an intent to mislead people about its status. Why install a gate that would always have to remain open?

Lidarman- Ace of base might be your favorite band evar but that didn't really help.
    Please stick to belting out "I saw the sign" in the shower, or "All that she wants is another baby" while making time with the old lady.

Debaser- Sounds like it's not really worth investigating then. My curiosity always gets the best of me when I see mysterious signs in the woods.

mtbr member
    Another possibility may be that in the winter there is no snow removal services on that route, so they have a gate to close access?

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    is that val kilmer or our very own nickle?

sign.jpg
    Not me. There's far too much much dance skill there for me to take credit.

Regarding the post about closing the gate in the winter because of lack of public snow removal, I strongly doubt that's the case. My mom has lived on a privately maintained public road in Evergreen/Conifer for the last 15 years. It's too steep and narrow for the county's equipment so they can't and won't maintain it. Even though the people who live on that section of road do the maintenance, the county still prohibits them from putting up a gate or making the road directional (downhill only). I suspect that Boulder county would have similar restrictions about public roads.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    never seen it. but watch out for the sign....

SNIPPED OUT VERY DISTURBING MUSIC VIDEO
    Wow! That was "TEH GHEY". I'm going to go and wash my eyes out with bleach now.

-----------------------------------------
    [SIZE="3"]ALCOHOL? MUSIC? NO COVER? STIFLER'S MOM LIVE AT THE BUFFALO ROSE - SATURDAY 11/17 @ 9:00 PM[/SIZE]

Stiff yet compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by rfields4013
    Another possibility may be that in the winter there is no snow removal services on that route, so they have a gate to close access?
    There are houses just beyond the gate.

skillz to pay billz
    I doubt they plow that road in the winter, it's pretty much a 4wd only in some parts.
    Last edited by nOOby; 11-16-2007 at 08:58 AM.