I think I can.

Bonking ... not feelin' well Discovery is no more

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/aug07/aug10news3

Not that it really comes as any suprise, with the way the tour has been for the past couple years and all the struggles the big teams are having.

I know, lets start the tour de colorado with mountain bikes, 15 day epic tour over the continental divide starting from one side of the state and ending at the other.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    Perhaps the whole world is now catching on to what we all already knew - riding road sucks.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    Perhaps the whole world is now catching on to what we all already knew - riding road sucks.
    Plus the ego maniacs cheat.

Extra pints of blood...
    Testosterone injections...

Give me a break.

STL

Rolling
    There might be doping issues with the tour, but just like the US postal Service found, the Discovery Channel probably found that you can't make money on cycling in the US. I think this is in despite of the scandals.

Funny in that they won, and they have lower salary riders when Armstrong left.

J\V
    mtbr member
    This recent news didn't really have much to do with Discovery Channel; the fact that they were getting out after their contract was up was old news. The fact that Tailwind is essentially disintegrating the team is the unusual aspect. They were apparently 90% through negotiations for a new contract when they (Tailwind) backed out, supposedly. Makes you wonder if they were down to tobacco and beer companies for potential sponsors here in the US...

I don't see how any company in their right mind would want their name associated with a pro cycling team at this point; talk about a gamble with $15m! One 'bad seed' gets caught and your company name is forever associated with doping/cheating.
    '07 Specialized Epic Marathon w/Crossmax SLRs
    '10 S-Works Tarmac SL3 w/Polar CS600x+Power

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by J\V
    One 'bad seed' gets arrested and your company name is forever associated with beer drinking steak eating drunks.
    Fixed it so it applies to why DH teams don't get huge sponsors.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Your bike is incorrigible
    You're looking at it the wrong way. Take it as a positive that the major sponsers are backing out. It will let the sport return to what it should be: good riders trying to compete against each other without the added pressure of coporations telling them how well they must ride. Who is going to ride without massive backing and publicity? Those people who do it for the love of the sport.