Thread: dirty busy-mark

mtbr member

dirty busy-mark

sunday + warm winter weather + DST + dry trails in s. boulder = lots o' peeps recreating!

of course i can't be too dismayed, as what does one expect on a day like today... however, i will say this: boulder rangers coulda made a *boatload* of money today issuing off-leash citations (that is, if there is a leash law in effect at marshall mesa, high plains, etc.). no exaggeration to say i saw probably 20 dogs today untethered on the trails (in several instances meandering right in front of me across the trail).

so be it, there's bad apples in every user group... including mr.-i-own-these-trails mtn biker on the SEVEN who, rather than slowing (yielding) at the top of the hill—while descending—instead speeds down and locks up the brakes, coming w/in *inches* of slamming into the back of the two descending hikers in front of him, as my friend & i were climbing up said hill. wow, hadn't seen that blatant of jack@ss-ishness in a long time. my yelling "slow down!" probably didn't help much in the wind...

still, 'twas great day to be out on the bike. hope you got out too.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Rolling
    Dogs are allowed off-leash on much of Marshal Mesa. Check the Kiosk when in doubt.

http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/index...17&Itemid=1035

(voice and sight requirements are very fuzzy when it comes to bikers so "harden the fvck up" mate! ).

I wonder of the guy on the seven was the same dude that riled the hiker in the crazy man thread?

Glad you had a good ride anyway.

mtbr member
    didn't read the kiosk, but saw several picto-grams on signposts w/ a dog on a leash, so i was just presuming... that and some (minority) of other dogs on leashes.

first time seeing equestrians up there though... 4-5.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    What's the SEVEN----duh

Old, stale, negative
    I'll bite. I passed through those parts yesterday and witnesses most of what you mentioned. I however am most bummed about the lack of respect to the uphill rider. I stopped and leaned my bike out with wheels still on trail when uphill riders came my way. I had no problem doing my part but the rest of the world seems to bulldoze by and barely notice you. Whatever, the wind was worse than the people. I'd say I can't wait to get back into the high country and avoid uneducated trail users.

Thread Terrorist
    Were cougars in the area too? were they off leash?