Which way? Uphill.

Did a little trail recon last night

Last night I went to Bear Creek Lake Park and did a little recon...it's good to go. The dark side of Mt. Carbon was a little sloppy, but it will easily be good sometime today. Most everything else was completely dry or just tacky. The wind was blowing hard so that helped things dry out and temps stay up a little all through the evening.

Some of the trails are a little rough from the horses that were on them in the mud, but they'll smooth out again in short time.

I take this as a good sign that Green Mountain will be back in the condition it was prior to the storm by the weekend.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    good to hear. I was going to give Apex to Pick n' Sledge a go tonight. It wasnt too bad last Thursday, so I hope it's dried out since this weekend.

My cup runneth over
    I did a GM loop last night leaving my house at 8:30 pm (with my front lawn already frozen). The south side was in great shape, tacky and/or dry right up until the one short north facing section which was very soft. Being the 'frozen trail bigot' that I am I felt pretty bad for riding through even a small section of mud . The good news is that although the top was mostly frozen it was also completely clear of snow (north face excepting). I would expect the tacky spots to be a little damp early Wednesday but it may clear up by late in the day and should be fully good to go sometime on Thursday.

mtbr member
    thanks for the update rmac. was thinking of heading to GM this pm.

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleAndRigid
    thanks for the update rmac. was thinking of heading to GM this pm.
    What with how warm it is today, it should be great. Please post back if it is muddy. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Did the service road up from Rooney parking lot

and it was dry to the top. Trails looked too soupy to attempt till at least tomorrow, if even then. That's all I did, turned around and got back to my desk.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    rode from the green mtn trail head (off alameda) up the main green mtn trail, was very dry until i got over to the rooney road area and it got a little muddy in spots (maybe 3 areas), but overall not too bad for a few days after snow. was a great day to try out the new bike.

p.s. the foothills still had a lot of snow on them from what i could see, so i assume apex, et. all are still pretty wet.

mtbr member
    did GM late afternoon. all is dry that i rode: rooney road west side -> south climb (hayden?) -> the new trail (name?) on the upper NE side -> turnaround & return.
    the NE side is a bit tacky still - no puddles though.
    didn't do box o rocks.
    total gaperfest out there on the return trip.