Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Did everyone on the front range go to Pueblo today?

Crap it was busy down there today. But near 70s and riding dry dirt in shorts and a Jersey was really nice. And just what I needed this time of year.

mtbr member
    I saw about 20 cars with bikes on em heading south past Hwy 24 today. Must have been an overload there today.

mtbr member
    It was my first time riding there today I didn't think it was busy...then again I'm used to the crowds at Hall Ranch and Betasso

mtbr member
    Should have, probably. Instead, I broke out the roadie and got in 29 miles with some good climbing (into a headwind, no less).
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

the Chain Guy

Re: Did everyone on the front range go to Pueblo today?

The parking lot was full but the trails weren't crowded. I think there was a good mix of xc folks hitting Voodoo and the limit trails and people playing on the rocks in the canyon.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    The parking lot was full but the trails weren't crowded. I think there was a good mix of xc folks hitting Voodoo and the limit trails and people playing on the rocks in the canyon.
    I did that Saturday. Got there about 10:30 and had to park in the lower lot. I expected a bit of a bummer but no bummer appeared. There were certainly more people than usual out there, but it was never disruptive. Kind of amazing how many people that place can soak up. And yeah, riding in shorts and t-shirt was really nice.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    It did seem a little crazy - but its really wet up north. we decided to come check it out from fort collins - we have had snow for a while and we needed singletrack. fun trails and thought folks were really considerate for the most part. totally agree that the parking lots looked really scary, but trails were mostly fine.... we decided it was just a big group ride day...

Trips for Kids Denver
    Amazing riding in Pueblo Sunday. Not a hint of snow or ice! Over 70 degrees although real windy out West on Voodoo. The canyons were totally clear of snow and ice too! Total contrast to the rest of the state I believe.

mtbr member
    We were there. We got there pretty early so the parking lots really weren't full. It didn't seem like there were all that many people there, but I don't really ride there all that often so I don't know what you consider busy. It didn't seem crowded at all compared to all the Front Range trails up here. If that's crowded, I'd like to have that problem.

My girlfriend took a nasty nosedive off a 3 foot drop she didn't mean to go off of and faceplanted hard on Skull Canyon (she went to the right instead of the left). If any of you were 1 of the 3 people who stopped to help and see if she was OK, thank you. It was a nasty wreck, I thought we were in for an ER trip for sure, but she got up after awhile and rode the rest of the way out and crushed the rest of the rocky sections. Luckily she only came away with scrapes and [huge] bruises. She handled it like a champ though and she still loves mountain biking.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

I'm with stupid
    Was out there both days over the weekend, that was some great riding and only had one issue with the "super cool" guy charging down water fall trail so he could try to get his strava race speed on. Even sent out a blocker in front and was waiting for her to clear the trail and then come charging in. It was pretty retarded, he even came from a above trail so he could hit the entrance at full sprint speed and yell something about he was 2nd as he came by. Other then that it was a great day of riding! I might even have some sunburn spots on my arms!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Rode there Saturday with my son. It was great. We tagged along with some other riders on an XC loop. There were a lot of people out there, but it rarely was an issue. First time in Pueblo and we will surely be going back before weather heats up. Nice mix of XC and technical canyons.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    +1

Fun to get some sun and trails over the two days this weekend. Both days the main lot was full and plenty of overflow, but rarely a problem out on the trails. And camping was pretty nice too

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    ...the "super cool" guy charging down water fall trail so he could try to get his strava race speed on. Even sent out a blocker in front and was waiting for her to clear the trail and then come charging in. It was pretty retarded, he even came from a above trail so he could hit the entrance at full sprint speed and yell something about he was 2nd as he came by. ....
    And I woulda been 1st if it weren't for you in my way!

lulz
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post
    Almost every time I ride there I encounter 1 Serious Fred who I say hey to with a big smile and he just looks at me like I have antlers or something. Can't say it's ever ruined my day.

And then you see the truly fast people who seem happier and friendlier than anybody else out there...
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

I did it all for the kudo
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post

lulz
    LOL! That's funny! Nice tip Lubes. I had to log into Strava to see who it probably was. And to think his name is Dr Wuss, seems appropriate doesn't it? I'm sure this guy pisses people off all up and down the front range.

the Chain Guy

Re: Did everyone on the front range go to Pueblo today?

Wow, just looked and I am 330th on that segment. :what: That is what I get for goofing around.

I'm with stupid
    HAHA that is tooo funny, I guess all the trying really paid off it said he got the KOM yesterday. Some people are funny.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So true!!
    I was out there on saturday and sunday and saw of few those guys. I even got sunburned on saturday.
    Now back to winter.....Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Almost every time I ride there I encounter 1 Serious Fred who I say hey to with a big smile and he just looks at me like I have antlers or something. Can't say it's ever ruined my day.

And then you see the truly fast people who seem happier and friendlier than anybody else out there...

mtbr member
    That dude was a uber duche, needs to rethink his reality a 110 pound spandex wearing dweeb should know better than to piss off and disrespect other riders. Especially when theres GB's in the mix.

Other than ducher it was awesome out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post

I'm not anywhere near truly fast, but I'm still happy and as friendly as most I run into. If you come up behind me on a climb, where I'm just barely making headway, I'm likely to let you go by. But, if I'm thinking I'm going to clear a climb I haven't before, I'm going to stick to my line and accomplish my goal. We just have to share and sometimes you truly fast and oh so cool kids just have to wait for us slow pokes.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    This thread is useless without pictures!

the Chain Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnielson View Post
    This thread is useless without pictures!
    Empty lot at 7am
    Did everyone on the front range go to Pueblo today?-img_0669.jpg

bald eagle sighting
    Did everyone on the front range go to Pueblo today?-img_0674.jpg

Great day of riding
    Did everyone on the front range go to Pueblo today?-img_0691.jpg

mtbr member
    Great pics love the Eagle saw that sucker flying most epic

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I am drwuss, and I did get the kom, but I did NOT have blocker go down the trail. I was waiting at the top for everyone else to clear out so I could get as clean a run as possible and that meant letting that random person that you thought was a blocker get to the bottom of the trail. I would of stayed on top of the trail for another hour for a clean run if that is what it took but there were two of your group of four that (in my eyes) kept telling me to go and looked agitated that I was just hanging out at the top. I wish now that I had just chilled at the intersection then we could have talked and I doubt very much that you would have such a strong negative opinion of me, I am sorry if I somehow messed up your day by trying to have a minimal impact upon it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    also, I am wondering, what is a GB? I know nothing of the forum lingo. I wish I had seen the eagle, but I did get to see the cool hawks nest near the bottom of the freeride trail.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast