mtbr member
    Aug 2004

DH training before the ski areas open?

My 14 YO son and I are finally fully rigged to do some DH racing this year. I see that there is a race in NM in a few weeks, but how/where can we get in some runs before then? Obviously we could shuttle some Jeffco XC trails, but we aren't going to do that. Are there any trails near Golden/Boulder that are safe to shuttle, or does everyone just work on dirt jumps and freeride type riding?

Cynical Bystander
    There's plenty of DH type trails to shuttle all over the place. Just about everywhere along the front range from down here in C-Springs to up in Boulder. There should be a lot more ride-threads coming up about shuttles and what not, so I'd stay tuned to that or try and hook up with some other folks who are going to shuttle stuff nearby.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit
    My 14 YO son and I are finally fully rigged to do some DH racing this year. I see that there is a race in NM in a few weeks, but how/where can we get in some runs before then? Obviously we could shuttle some Jeffco XC trails, but we aren't going to do that. Are there any trails near Golden/Boulder that are safe to shuttle, or does everyone just work on dirt jumps and freeride type riding?
    A lot of cross training like you said DJ, BMX track, Road bike, XC.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Depending on where you are, swing by your local FR/DH bike shop, like Mojo in Denver or The Fix in Boulder. Or call them up and see if you can get in on whatever they are shuttling.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho