mtbr member

Devils Backbone Saturday is ok for a ride.

Hi all be over Saturday for a visit. Thinking about hitting the devils backbone. Is it dry enough?
    And can a good trail dog go on it. Or should I beware of the leash law. plus would anyone want to join in.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerider
    Hi all be over Saturday for a visit. Thinking about hitting the devils backbone. Is it dry enough?
    And can a good trail dog go on it. Or should I beware of the leash law. plus would anyone want to join in.
    Hi Kevin. Not sure if I can sneak out Saturday but I'll see what I can do, would be good to ride with you again. It's too muddy to ride now (responsibly anyway), but with another couple days of warm weather like today it's likely to be rideable. Saturdays can get kinda busy (especially when we get a little warm weather after a cold stretch) and there's often a ranger there, so might be iffy with the dog. If I can make it, you'd be more than welcome to leave him in the shop if he/she is cool with that. Keep in touch.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member

So is Hewlett Gulch under snow ??

Thanks Larry I can leave the dog at Mothers house. So I hope it keeps dry out. Do you have any Idea about Hewlett Gulch?

single track ****

gulchin

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerider
    Thanks Larry I can leave the dog at Mothers house. So I hope it keeps dry out. Do you have any Idea about Hewlett Gulch?

Hewlett gulch would prob be a better early morning/dog compatible choice. The dogs and I could probally join you if you're riding early. Locals conditions update- trails were icy/soft last night,but hardened up at around 7k elev on a northern facing trail. I'ld avoid low elev. places like hall and backbone until they've free of moisture, or it gets cold again.

mtbr member

Early is fine with me

Larry I will go early just pick a time. The gulch is fun and I have'nt been on it for a year or more. But some time I need to do the devil Backbone. I will PM you phone numbers.