Thread: Devils Backbone

VooDoo user.

Devils Backbone

Just wondering if you peeps to the North are getting this weather?

Predictions, intuitions, or premonitions?

[SIZE="1"](I'm sure I miss spelled some of those)[/SIZE]

slow
    In Fort Collins, we got just a trace out of the last two storms. No snow on the ground at my place near the Maxwell trail head. Haven't been to Loveland the past few days.

Feeding your addiction
    I didn't make it out for a ride today, but driving by it looked like the little bit of snow from last night was completely gone by mid-day.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Excellent... keep the trail updates coming. I'm looking to hit it this weekend. Hoping DBB/BlueSky will be good!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

It is all dry.

Rode CR to BS to DBB and it was all good.

Enjoy

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

DBB and Bluesky are Good

I rode DBB this afternoon, and it is in great shape. I only made it to the top of Blue Sky, but it looks dry as well.

I checked out Bobcat from the parking lot, and it looks like there is still snow on the upper third of the mountain as well as the north slopes down lower.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Can anyone tell me the best route. I am going to be going up there tomorrow and wanted to get the best bang for my buck. I am driving from the spring.

Thanks

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkenn
    Can anyone tell me the best route. I am going to be going up there tomorrow and wanted to get the best bang for my buck. I am driving from the spring.

Thanks
    DB is pretty well signed. The west side of the first two loops is hiker only. Typically stay right at intersections as you go out to the back of the last loop, where you will find a spur connecting to the Blue Sky Trail. Ride Blue Sky to Indian Summer and do Indian Summer clock-wise (up road - down single track). Beyond Indian Summer, you can do out and back on Coyote Ridge. From Coyote Ridge continue north on Blue Sky to Horsetooth Mountain Park. Horsetooth is still pretty wet, but you can hit the service road to the radio towers without much impact. It is roughly 3.5 miles and has about 2000 ft elevation gain. That should keep you occupied for a couple of hours and make it worth your drive.