Thread: Devils Backbone

VooDoo user.

Devils Backbone

Did it get hit by the snow that came through? Looking to head up there this saturday.

Thanks for any updates.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Though I haven been to the 'bone itself since the storm, I live a mile or so from the trailhead and we did get a few inches, all of which is still on grassy areas and such. I suspect it may be a bit muddy with the warm temps up and coming. Maaaaayyybe Sunday at best.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Good question. Everything in my area was dumped on. I will be watching this thread also.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Bummer....guess it's another weekend on the roads At least they'll be sandy, kinda like riding on dirt.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Did it get hit by the snow that came through? Looking to head up there this saturday.

Thanks for any updates.
    I'll take a look at it today and let you know if it's ready or not. I had to run over to the shop early this morning, and from the road I couldn't see any snow left on the lower section of trail.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    I checked out the first part and it was drier than it was last week. Their might be a few soft spots going out to "Agonys Escalater" but after that I suspect it's good to go....

VooDoo user.
    The backbone is SS/29er friendly isn't it.

tiny rider
    I think it's SS/29er friendly. It's also suspension friendly, though

From a different time of year...

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    The backbone is SS/29er friendly isn't it.
    I ride it on a rigid steel 29er 1x9. However, it's a bumpy Front Range trail.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs
    However, it's a bumpy Front Range trail.
    Agreed. Its much rougher than most trails in the area on a rigid, although I do ride it on my 29er rigid SS more than I ride it on my 6" travel bike.

Feeding your addiction
    Trail report, complete with pics....It was actually in great shape today, rode it just before sunset. Lower stuff was nice and tacky but no mud. A few very thin patches of snow, mostly on Laughing Horse loop. I doubt there's enough moisture there for those sections to get muddy tomorrow, and you could always stay on the W. side of the loop if you want to avoid those spots. Didn't go out onto Blue Sky (other than the first little section from the back of the loop up to the ridge), I would expect BS to be a bit muddy, best to avoid it. Beautiful day out there today, finally no wind.
    Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ventanarama; 02-16-2008 at 07:33 AM.
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

VooDoo user.
    Thanks Larry. And thanks to all you who replied.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Looks good. I hope the good weather holds up, I will be going out there tomorrow.

skillz to pay billz
    great trail, loved the technical parts with the rocks. Just right to test the new 6" squishy.

sorry for the crappy phone cam

QUIT yer BEOTCHIN

Great Shots Larry

I really dig the second one.
    Nice seein ya out and about the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    Trail report, complete with pics....It was actually in great shape today, rode it just before sunset. Lower stuff was nice and tacky but no mud. A few very thin patches of snow, mostly on Laughing Horse loop. I doubt there's enough moisture there for those sections to get muddy tomorrow, and you could always stay on the W. side of the loop if you want to avoid those spots. Didn't go out onto Blue Sky (other than the first little section from the back of the loop up to the ridge), I would expect BS to be a bit muddy, best to avoid it. Beautiful day out there today, finally no wind.
    Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    YYYEEEEHHAAAWW!

........Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?