mtbr member

Denver to Leadville Transport?

Im flying into Denver and looking for a way to get to Leadville on the 8th. Anybody know a good shuttle service, or somebody to take a hitchhiker? Bike will already be there, just a couple bags.

Team Velveeta™

Race Across the Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by csparks66 View Post
    Im flying into Denver and looking for a way to get to Leadville on the 8th. Anybody know a good shuttle service, or somebody to take a hitchhiker? Bike will already be there, just a couple bags.
    Just a wild-a$$ guess--you're coming for the Leadville 100?

Whether you are or not, lots and lots of people will. Many will be renting cars to get from DIA to Lead-vegas. At least a few of those might be interested in giving somebody a seat in their rental car for a few dollars. Offset the cost. If it's another endorphin junkie, they'd have lots to talk about.

I'd go to the Endurance Racing forum here and ask if anybody would like to have somebody help offset their cost for a rental car on the day you're going. Or somebody that's going up from the Denver area who wouldn't mind a free tank of gas and/or case of beer.

Alternately, join this group:

groups.yahoo.com/group/leadville/

It's traditionally been a very active group. Even if you aren't racing, you're a bike geek heading to Leadville the week prior to the race. You won't be the only bike geek going there.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    Check out the craigslist rides section.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    onother possibility is a shuttle like Colorado Mountaint Express to Frisco's Summit County bustop behind Walmart then take the Summit Stage to Leadville for $5. I dont know what CME charges for the trip to Frisco. Summit Stage leaves Frisco around 3pm to 4 pm. All dependable service with great drivers.
    and the road becomes my bride. Where I ride my bike is home.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Might be able to help. I live by the airport and am racing Leadville. Need to see what day we r heading up.
    Free Wheel Coffee...A Coffee of Free Will
    www.Freewheelcoffee.com