mtbr member

Denver to Fresno via Sierras and Return via SW Utah

I am leaving tomorrow for a week long roadtrip with the wife, dogs, and bikes. We have to be in Fresno for a meeting on Tuesday and were planning on hitting Fruita Friday night/Sat AM and pushing on through Utah into Nevada on Rte 50 (apprently called the Lonliest Road in America) entering CA through Tioga Pass into Yosemite. We'll be tied up all day Tuesday in Fresno but are planning then to make the push southwest through Vegas to SW UT with a side trip down to the north rim of the Grand Canyon and to Zion.

Friday PM- depart/arrive Fruita
    Sat- AM ride at Loma, drive into UT/NV
    Sun- Enter Norcal/Yosemite area
    Mon- Norcal/Sequoia
    Tues- Fresno
    Wed- 8 hour drive thru Vegas to Grand Canyon/Gooseberry/Hurricane/Zion
    Thurs- SW UT/GC
    Fri- SW UT/GC
    Sat- Drive to Fruia/Moab area
    Sun- Drive to Denver

I've been looking for suggestions on the other regional forums regarding rides and sightseeing opportunities but thought I would try here as well since we seem to have a propensity for roadtrips here in the Front Range.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Check out Bass Lake on your drive from Yosemite to Fresno. 007, Willow Creek, Shuteye Peak, & Squaws Leap. All are in forum for California, "other places." 007 is best. Mtn biking in Yosemite is for paved paths only. Dogs are frowned upon in the park. But, waterfalls will be roaring. Mammoth Lakes is amazing place for mtn biking, cool place to spend a day or two.