Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

denver business trip free time suggestions

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ibmkidIII 
#1 ·
sounds wasteful, but i'll be in denver for 36 hours for a quick conference in june. i'll have 1 free evening aprox. 6:00 - until ? i wont be able to go for a hike or ride, but what might be a really cool bike shop or outdoors store for some window shopping. suggestions?
happy trails
dadembk

#2 ·
depends a bit on the area you're in, and whether you've got transportation. if you've got a car, i'd say go check out red rocks (assuming so show that evening) and maybe sneak in a hike. it's right up against the foothills. If you're downtown-ish, there's the rei flagship store, and the mayor's beer joint. if you're south (likely) there's bikesource for a cool shop, and the bicycle village flagship store, if you want to see a ton of sub $500 bikes and some high level stuff... if you're in the boulder area, there's a whole other set of shops etc. to check out.

hope it helps. pm me if you've got other questions!

#3 ·
I agree. I came out here on business 4 months ago (actually to find a place to live)...but definitley check out red rocks. It is worth your time. I went out there when it was about 20 degrees and every bit waas worth it. If you like beer, go to Rock Bottom Brewery downtown, and get yourself a nice cold fristy Fat Tire Ale!! Its the best thing other then riding.

Like the previous poster said, PM me if you need directions or anything else.

Cheers!
Eric

#5 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Um??? I don't think you can get fat tire in Rock Bottom...they brew their own stuff, so they don't have Fat Tire on tap. I agree you should have a Fat Tire amber lager local microbrew while you're out. Most bars will have it on tap.
Didn't know that. I know you can get Singletrack Ale ( another personal fav) there...12 hours of straight drinken that will make you not wanna ride! :D

#6 ·
Um??? I don't think you can get fat tire in Rock Bottom...they brew their own stuff, so they don't have Fat Tire on tap. I agree you should have a Fat Tire amber lager local microbrew while you're out. Most bars will have it on tap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.