mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Denver bike shops?

Any recommendations for bike shops on the SW side of Denver?

Family is moving there in less than a month and I need to find a good shop. Google has given me several choices, but I am asking for local knowledge.

I have been a bike geek for over 20yrs. I am primarily XC mtb oriented, with a little road thrown in too. Looking for a shop that has more of a performance lean than family/big store feel. My current riding consists of doing or preparing for long distance XC/mtb endurance/road century type rides. Do most of my own mechanic work, but a shop that has experience with high end and 29ers a big plus.

Also the shop needs to have trail maps, local trail knowledge and the willingness to share the info.

Thanks for the help,
    Tim

mtbr member
    Excel Sports is in Boulder... your roadie HQ. I visit them some times when I need small parts. They also have a bargain bin on the showroom floor...altho you may not get much milage w/ that they call "bargain".
    Mojo is good for knobbies.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I would have to say Mojo wheels is one of the better shops in Denver, huge inventory and not a box type of shop. Bobby the manager will definitely take care of you beyond the call of duty. Mostly mountain stuff, and a lot of high end stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by simcik
    I would have to say Mojo wheels is one of the better shops in Denver, huge inventory and not a box type of shop. Bobby the manager will definitely take care of you beyond the call of duty. Mostly mountain stuff, and a lot of high end stuff.
    Hands Down. . . .

www.mojowheels.com

Not sure I would call him Bobby though, lol. Although, I may have to try next time im in there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just spent about 2 months with Golden Bike Shop in Golden (go figure) buying my new (3rd) bike. Very knowledgeable, courteous, and customer oriented employees.

I bought my first & second bike with Mojo Wheels and had good experiences with them as well.

Going, Going, Gonzo
    Quote Originally Posted by hokeypokey3
    Any recommendations for bike shops on the SW side of Denver?
    SW... hmmm

Wheatridge Cyclery is sort of Central West Denver. I've done business with them on and off since 1984 and have never been disappointed. If you go there for service, ask for Doug Bittle - one of the old timers at the shop. If he doesn't have the expertise for your requirements, he'll probably know who does - and what's more, he's honest.
    Signature? I don't need no stinking signature.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I agree on Wheatridge Cyclery, though not really SW Denver, I would argue the same for Golden based shops etc .. BikeSource may not have the best service (IMHO), but does have a decent selection. Their new shop in University HIlls is full of cool stuff to drool over as well. ;-) I also like Bicycle Uno as it's good to support the little guys and Bruce Rhoades is awesome!

Moosehead
    Ditto - Golden Bike Shop for 29'r and high end MTB - Ellsworth, Niner, Titus, Intense, etc; great demo program

Ditto - Wheatridge for good mix MTB and roadie

Welcome to the Rockies

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Mojo wheels!!! Is there really any other shops in Denver? I mean really?

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005
    Mojo

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Green Mountain Sports in Lakewood. Just bought a new bike from them this spring and it worked out very well, parts kit that I got with my bike was short a few parts and they sub'd in better ones to replace what wasn't there. Knowledgeable staff and they're very friendly too. I've also had good luck with Mojo but I've never bought a bike from them.