Thread: Demo?

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Demo?

I was coming back from an early early ride up in Lyons this AM and saw they were setting up something right off of 36 just north of town (Boulder). There was a "demo" sign and a Ritchey tent and some other stuff getting set up. Anyone know the dealio? I would've stopped, but was due back home. S

dlk
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Demo

I was heading out on a road ride and saw the same thing. Lots of tents and people showing up.

Does anyone no the deal with those trails? There is a small parking lot right off of 36 and a bunch of singletrack.

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    It's private property with some trails on it. I know that Y-Riders (YMCA bike program) does at least one kids mtb race out on it. Don't know if it's usually used for biking or moto or what. Yeah, it's right past that first rise on 36 after leaving Boulder, on the left (east) side.

By the way, speaking of Y-Riders, they have a pretty sweet kids bike program. For example, for spring break, a group of them (8th grade to sophomore I think) went out to Fruita for a camp/bike week. How cool is that?! To be a kid again.

S

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    By the way, speaking of Y-Riders, they have a pretty sweet kids bike program. For example, for spring break, a group of them (8th grade to sophomore I think) went out to Fruita for a camp/bike week. How cool is that?! To be a kid again.

S
    That's awesome!

Mojo Wheels also has a great junior program with weekly training sessions with Pro DH and MX rider Rob Sears. There are some rippers on the team too!

jja
    mtbr member
    It's the Sports Garage demo. All free, incl Wahoo's fish tacos and Avery beer. They'll be there again tomorrow 10-6. All FS bikes there, but the course is short and tame. Not even a single 6" dropoff. My favorite ride of the day was actually a Titus road bike, then the blur and Vicious 29er (only 29er there).

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Wow, Vicious 29er... I may just ride off on that one! Drove by there again this AM and noticed the SG pickup and Titus van. Too bad I work weekends. Would be fun to jump on a few of those bikes.

bikeandski - That's cool about Mojo's kids program. I guess Simba is another cool kids race program. So much cool stuff out there for kids around here. Beats Playstation. S

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Was there

Pretty cool thing.

I rode a Titus Racer-X 100, a blur, & a Yeti ASR.

The Titus was the only bike that didn't slip when I stood and hammered on the short climb they set up, and it handled like a dream everywhere else.

There wasn't much technical challenge - pretty groomed trails, but you could get going pretty fast up & down to see how stuff handled.

I think the Titus is for me, but will be heading to FFTF in a couple weeks just to make sure.

If it works out, I will buy it from Sports Garage - It was quite a good showing of manufacturers they convinced to come - Titus, Maverick, Ellsworth, Yeti, RM, and Sports Garage brought Santa Cruz & Vicious.