Thread: Delete

how heavy are you ??

Delete

):
    Last edited by Scottay5150; 05-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I packed a suitcase and never went back.

how heavy are you ??

I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by iMMature
    I packed a suitcase and never went back.
    We have a house in HR, no kids, and some consumer debt. Probably little if no equity in the house....

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    My advice is to lawyer up ASAP and not discuss it on the interweb. And trust me, that's damn good advice.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

how heavy are you ??
    Last edited by Scottay5150; 05-15-2011 at 04:41 PM.

mtbr member
    my advice: move out before monday - get a lawyer if you have investments / assets that you do not want split 50/50 - else get a mediator (much cheaper and things will move much much much much quicker - and that is what is important) - most important: if you are nice to her everything will most likely move much faster (again that is what is important)

Rigid in Evergreen
    Get out and find somewhere else to stay before any domestic troubles can occur.

Get some good legal advice (she shouldn't have any claim on your inheritance), but mediate if at all possible (get your personal items, do whatever you can to walk away with no ongoing encumbrances and never look back)... if you get into a protracted legal battle, then those vultures will promise you (or her) the world and then eat you both alive, leaving you owing them money with little to nothing to show for it.

mtbr member

I feel ya

Wife told me she wanted a divorce 2 weeks before I deployed last fall. Sold all of my house contents and moved to Australia with my 13 year old daughter while I was gone. Not looking forward to coming home to an empty house (which has NO equity thanx to my deadbeat neighbors that couldn't pay their bills). So starting over again after 14 years of faithful marriage. Can't say I'm a big fan of the opposite sex at this point.
    Last edited by screamingbunny; 05-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Stokeless Asshat
    Ask the mods to delete this thread and talk to a lawyer asap. Trust me on this.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

mtbr member
    Why does he have to move? Can't he just change the lock on the house and get a restraining order or somfin?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

!Vamos, flaco!
    The Colorado Bar Association has a Find-a-Lawyer feature:

http://www.cobar.org/directory/
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

starladear
    Feb 2004
    Sorry to hear that. Just get the bike and go! And your inheritance. The sky is the limit. Welcome to your new life....

Oh, So Interesting!
    Listen to DWF

Sorry man, I feel for ya.

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    Been there / done that !

I'm not a lawyer, and I haven't slept in a motel in years, but some sort of legal counsel is the first thing you need to do.

It was quick and almost free for us.

I left her everything that was jointly owned, which wasn't much, and she had to keep paying for them herself.

Everything of mine that I kept , fit in one load, in the back of my truck, the way it should be.

Good luck, and best wishes for your new life

Rolling
    All I want to reinforce is, this and that other thread you posted is going to come back and bite you. Have them deleted if you can.

Whether you get a lawyer or not, don't make this a public breakup and involve the internet. Nobody really cares and it just leaves evidence that will hurt you during this.

how heavy are you ??

To all that replied...

Last edited by Scottay5150; 05-15-2011 at 04:42 PM.

mtbr member
    In Colorado divorce is easy. You really don't need an Attorney. Put the house on the market to sell, unless she wants to buy you out, get that in a written contract and file the papers yourself. Since you have no children, really all your doing is paying someone $2500-$5000 to write the papers up and file them for you. It's a waste of time and money to hire an Attorney unless alot of money is at risk. She can't claim anything on family money.

I've worked in the Legal industry for 11 years. Believe me save yourself a buck or two.

IM me if you need help.

Sorry for the breakup, never easy to go thru.
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

imaorobbie
    What goes on the internet stays on the internet forever!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

clean

Last edited by socallush; 05-15-2011 at 07:09 PM.

mtbr member
    what part of 'delete this thread' didn't you get? if the admin folks won't delete it, go into each of your posts and replace the text with smiley faces or something.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by mudge
    what part of 'delete this thread' didn't you get? if the admin folks won't delete it, go into each of your posts and replace the text with smiley faces or something.

As far as I have experienced, admin will delete threads requested by the original poster. It has to be requested though.

Maybe scottay is just venting. But not our business at this point....it really never was.