mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm define "aggressive"

cattle.jpg

dowdy draw makes for a nice little loop w/ marshall mesa and community ditch.

nice work BMA...

(just glad none of those suckers had horns!)
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Ride Everything
    Huckin' Cattle?

I did basically that same loop this afternoon. It certainly didn't suck.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Bad Andy
    I was out that direction about 3pm with my 10 year old son - did we see any of you/you see us? You know what I mean!
    We did High Plains-Coalton-McCaslin-dirt road to 66th-Cowdry-Greenbelt Plateau CCW loop.
    Son had a great time. We did finish in the dark - like an ididot, I didn't bring the lights, but that was actually fun too - since I vaguely had an idea where I was going...
    Kinda funny those maps they put up have 93 marked as 128, and 128 marked as 128 too. Anyone noticed? Could be confusing for some less intelligent than I!!!!!
    HAHAAAAAAAAAA
    Does that Singletree trail come out to McCaslin? And if so, where?

Bad Andy
    BTW - nice pile of dog sh!t in plastic bags at the Coalton trailhead - Probably at least 25 of them laying there.
    Unbelievable...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    What gets me are the bags along the trail weighted down with a rock so they don't blow away.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Singletree is a short trail, goes by some interesting areas where the old coal mines were at in Superior, never had any idea a commuter train went through there. It comes out just north of Superior, just take the street back to McCaslin.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork
    Singletree is a short trail, goes by some interesting areas where the old coal mines were at in Superior, never had any idea a commuter train went through there. It comes out just north of Superior, just take the street back to McCaslin.
    Singletree gets you around the bulk of old Superior, close to the McCaslin underpass.

You can kind a ton of that railroad bed once you start looking. The section of of trail that descends to Doudy Draw from the mesa is also roadbed, you can see the continuation of it accross the hillside.

Did you know there's an undergraound coal mine fire 1/4 mile from the new Marshall Mesa Trailhead?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Ride Everything
    If you saw an older guy on a grey Trek (green/grey jersey, blue helmet), that was me.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Mt. Lion trail out at GG... I'd call that one "aggressive."

mtbr member
    My husband and I call them the "evil cows". We have been charged by them, and have been blocked from going through the gates. If they are in a foul mood, look out!

Marcia

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Those cows always seem to be near the trail and gates, sort of in "ambush" mode. I spent 15 minutes trying to get by some of them on the community ditch trail and they sure didn't seem to care if I ever got through.