DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

Deer Creek 11/18/04

It was a little damp this morning, snowing just enough to start accumulating on the trail when I left the parking lot, but it cleared up later on. The trail was wet but not muddy this morning after the light rain & snow. Best part, I didn't see a single other person on the trail today until I was almost back to the parking lot.
    Last edited by DWF; 03-20-2006 at 10:51 AM.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Mmmmm, snow.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    The new steps up the climb. I hereby name this new "trail feature" as the "Usuk Escalator" and dedicate it to all the intrepid adventureres and hikers of Jeffco who like to experience the great outdoors while wearing high heels and prefer nature in fast food packaging.

locked - time out
    That is one of the most ridiculous wastes of money I have seen in a park (other than the sterilization of portions of Dakota Ridge) - at least they left some rocks for us. On second thought, that stair set might actually be kind of cool if they had put some landings in there - urban in the mountains - who coulda thunk it?

Stand back

morons

That is all wrong. The wood is sposed to be connected by long planks, and be more horizontal so there can be a drop at the bottom. These people have no clue how to build stunts....
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    That is one of the most ridiculous wastes of money I have seen in a park (other than the sterilization of portions of Dakota Ridge) - at least they left some rocks for us. On second thought, that stair set might actually be kind of cool if they had put some landings in there - urban in the mountains - who coulda thunk it?
    Yeah, I can't fathom the reasoning behind it either. Christ, I've walked up & down that rock section countless times in slippery bike shoes dragging or carrying a bike with me. How hard can it be for a hiker wearing freaking hiking or tennis shoes? The only plus is that it's the new "fast" way down that section. Should make for some interesting user conflicts.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Should make for some interesting user conflicts.
    HA!

No kidding. Where's the foresight?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    The new steps up the climb. I hereby name this new "trail feature" as the "Usuk Escalator" and dedicate it to all the intrepid adventureres and hikers of Jeffco who like to experience the great outdoors while wearing high heels and prefer nature in fast food packaging.
    Wow. I haven't been to Deer Creek since '99 or so. Is that the main road/trail section at the very bottom? Last time I was there, it was all pretty easily climbable. Looks pretty eroded now. Still rideable up and down?

Those stairs are ridiculous. Now, is that preservation or recreation? Neither?
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

locked - time out
    That section is about halfway up the first real climb, not at the bottom. It is ridable (at the risk of sounding like a bloated @ss, I'm gonna brag and say that I have ridden it - the steep tech. section in the picture - bottom to top, without dabbing, about 4 times now)- and top to bottom every time. It is the nastiest technical climb on the front range that I have found though, I don't remember it ever being nice.

Now Uploading
    RE: Deer Creek stairs

There goes my line...

Oh, and it is great falling over on the stairs now since users have been segregated here and hikers run up and down the stairs, jumping out on the rocks to avoid each other while yielding between different user groups has basically been eliminated in favor of more congestion.

Ride down the stairs though, since there is not a no bike sign on it (yet). Another wonderful example of it wasn't broke, but they fixed it.
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]