mtbr member

A day off... and snow

I was hoping to check out Bobcat Ridge this afternoon. Is this stuff just gonna absorb into the parched ground, or will it be messy? How about Devil's Backbone/Blue Sky?

Stupid questions, I know, I should just accept the weather. Thanks...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It was snowing pretty hard in Loveland when I left this morning around 6:30ish, and it was pretty wet sloppy stuff. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I suspect its not a good day for either trail. I work in Boulder, however, and there is less moisture down here as we speak (not sure where you would be coming from).

slow
    8:26 am and dumping in Fort Collins

holding back the darkness
    0911 in Loveland and crazy snow. Larimer county is out.
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

How is I-25 from Denver to Loveland?

I thought 50 degrees today. Fortunately I got in a ride in yesterday (70 degrees). Still snowing up there? Roads?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Snowing quite hard here in Boulder.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat
    Snowing quite hard here in Boulder.
    Just a light mist here in Westminster. I'm driving to Loveland right now. Wish me luck!
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

slow
    10:00 am and snow has stopped in Ft. Collins. Streets are wet.

30 something dad
    Roads and parking lots are getting dry here in Gunbarrel...hoping that tomorrow might be ok...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I know you all want to know how my drive to Loveland went

I was going to Mountain High Cyclery to pick up a wheel. It was every kind of wet, some snow, with the most snow in Loveland itself. The foothills looked pretty white. The sun is shining here in Westminster at 5 pm but...the trails...

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I was going to Mountain High Cyclery to pick up a wheel. It was every kind of wet, some snow, with the most snow in Loveland itself. The foothills looked pretty white. The sun is shining here in Westminster at 5 pm but...the trails...
    Funny, for once Evergreen was spared and we had nothing but a brief spritz of snrainow. The melting continues.

Ed

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Backbone was in great shape by mid-afternoon believe it or not. Stopped snowing late morning and things dried off very quickly. Talked to a couple people who rode it and they said it was superb, nice and tacky but no mud.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry