Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

A day off... and snow

925 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Ventanarama 
#1 ·
I was hoping to check out Bobcat Ridge this afternoon. Is this stuff just gonna absorb into the parched ground, or will it be messy? How about Devil's Backbone/Blue Sky?

Stupid questions, I know, I should just accept the weather. Thanks...

#2 ·
It was snowing pretty hard in Loveland when I left this morning around 6:30ish, and it was pretty wet sloppy stuff. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I suspect its not a good day for either trail. I work in Boulder, however, and there is less moisture down here as we speak (not sure where you would be coming from).

#10 ·
I know you all want to know how my drive to Loveland went

I was going to Mountain High Cyclery to pick up a wheel. It was every kind of wet, some snow, with the most snow in Loveland itself. The foothills looked pretty white. The sun is shining here in Westminster at 5 pm but...the trails...:cryin: :cryin:

#11 ·
xcguy said:
I was going to Mountain High Cyclery to pick up a wheel. It was every kind of wet, some snow, with the most snow in Loveland itself. The foothills looked pretty white. The sun is shining here in Westminster at 5 pm but...the trails...:cryin: :cryin:
Funny, for once Evergreen was spared and we had nothing but a brief spritz of snrainow. The melting continues.

Ed

#12 ·
xcguy said:
Backbone was in great shape by mid-afternoon believe it or not. Stopped snowing late morning and things dried off very quickly. Talked to a couple people who rode it and they said it was superb, nice and tacky but no mud.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
larry@mtnhighcyclery.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.