Thread: Dangit...

Big Boned

Dangit...

So I was getting ready to ride yesterday and as I was putting my helmet on (Giro Xen), I noticed that there's a nice long crack starting where the strap enters the back-left-side of the helmet and goes straight up under the padding all the way to the top of the lid.

Helmet is toast, barely got two seasons out of it. Didn't crash on my head, haven't dropped it that I can recall. Don't think I can get the crash replacement because I didn't actually crash, and I don't want to wait that long anyway so I'm just going to suck it up and pop for a new one. I have no idea how it happened.

Damn diddley-ding-dong crap. I really like this helmet, grey/black urban camo, subtle but stylee (IMHO). Now I have to make a special trip down to Denver to get a new one, and until then I'll be tooling around in my ghey-ass Atmos (roadie lid) that's too small and really not comfortable. Or my full-face, one or the other.

AARRGH. Annoying.

Just had to vent.

bacon! bacon! bacon!

Big Boned
    That's cold.

Oh, So Interesting!

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I love my xen it's the second one I've had...

Stiff yet compliant
    Sorry It was my fault. I sat on your helmet when I was pulling my panties back on.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Manmountain Dense
    Helmet is toast, barely got two seasons out of it. Didn't crash on my head, haven't dropped it that I can recall. Don't think I can get the crash replacement because I didn't actually crash, and I don't want to wait that long anyway so I'm just going to suck it up and pop for a new one. I have no idea how it happened.

You must have crashed on your head since it didn't strike you to smack it and make a claim that you crashed?

They really don't care how the crack appeared. You still have to pay for the crash replacement and those helmets are so cheap, they still make money and they get a certain degree of liability covered in the end by offering the replacement.

BTW, I have xen and crashed on it...bashed it good on the right side, but I did a self diagnosis and decided I didn't need to replace it. I like the helmet a lot. The bronze color rox! I'm such a hypocrite.

..ouch
    You might want to check out the F-14. I found it to be more form fitting, provide better coverage and it's $20-30 cheaper. My Xen has been collecting dust since I picked this up.

Inflexable...
    Glue...?
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

Human Crayon
    no no no, JB Weld FTW!!
    ..:: sleestak ::..
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]