30 something dad

Damage Report: Snow totals

So thankfully we didn't get the storm that was forecasted. With some luck, things will be dry again before too long.

Here in Superior things melted out quite a bit today and that was with almost no sun and temps no higher than 40. I think Coalton Trail and probably High Plains will be dry by the weekend.

What say the rest of you? Golden area, Fort Collins...how did everyone fare?

skillz to pay billz
    7-8 inches on magnolia by the dots. Heavy and wet.

sun peaked out for the last 1/2 hour of daylight.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    3-4 inches in Fort Collins on the SE side. Sun came out about 3 pm...most of the snow has melted. Provided we don't get anymore moisture, trails up here should be near good-to-go by the weekend I would think.
    Last edited by KERKOVEJ; 03-18-2008 at 06:21 AM.

mtbr member
    8-10'' in south evergreen/conifer

slow
    West Fort Collins: I got about 5 inches at my place near the bottom of Maxwell. Even though the sun came out this afternoon and the roads are dry, I still have about 3" in the grass. The foothills look pretty covered from here. Next few days might be skinny tire days.

VooDoo user.
    Lyons???? Loveland??? What cha git.

Singletrack Daydreamer
    Golden 4" of wet snow. STM will likely be dry in 4-7 days depending on temps and wind. GM will probably be similar timing. That means there's a chance of riding this WE, but not much of one unless we get a day of 55F with 25mph breezes to pull the moisture out of the ground.
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!

30 something dad
    I can see the Coalton Trail from McCaslin up to the top of the hill from where I live and as I walked the dogs this morning it was a nice brown skid mark surrounded by a field of white. Not sure why the trail wasn't covered, but who cares. I'll take that as encouragement.

Now let's just hope whatever is coming in for Saturday doesn't ruin whatever drying takes place between now and then!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Few inches in Loveland, just a dusting left on the grass. Sun shining for the rest of the week makes DBB good by the weekend in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    FC is drying out quick. Gonna explore the foothills trails tomorrow if it gets up to the 50's today.

skillz to pay billz
    I can see the hill above wonderland lake in boulder from my desk and it's almost clear. Crossing fingers for a Hall Ranch ride thursday.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Agree, things are drying up fast here in FC. Dirt roads east of town were pretty firm for todays spin on the road bike.

Singletrack Daydreamer
    Yep, the snow was off STM trails by 12:30 and now the winds have started drying things out. It might be a good WE for riding afterall.
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!

Bad Andy
    Hey Rockymtnway, you seem to be one of the local experts on STM - you think it'll be good to go Thurs eve? - thinking about taking my kid up there.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by scout
    Few inches in Loveland, just a dusting left on the grass. Sun shining for the rest of the week makes DBB good by the weekend in my opinion.
    Devil's Backbone is already fine. Rode it this evening, no mud or snow, nice and tacky. Best condition it has been in for a while.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

slow
    Took the road bike over Horsetooth this evening to look at conditions up there. Shoreline / Maxwell / Foothills / Michaud look like they are going to need a couple more days as they had snow on them in places and appeared sloppy. Saw some people that had tried to hike and they were scraping lots of mud off their shoes before getting back into their cars.

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    Devil's Backbone is already fine. Rode it this evening, no mud or snow, nice and tacky. Best condition it has been in for a while.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    Blue sky trail good also?

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Blue sky trail good also?
    I didn't go that far, just did 2 laps on Laughing Horse loop, I would imagine it's still pretty muddy down in the valley, probably needs a couple more days.

Larry
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

30 something dad
    Went running at Marshall Mesa last evening and it is still really muddy. Coal Seam, Community Ditch, Valley Trail, all left my legs covered in mud from running. Saw three or four bikers out there...no one actually riding, they were all pulled over and trying to pull the clumps of mud off of their ride!

Still, MM dries out quick so I wouldn't be surprised if it was good to ride this weekend...not that I care, I'm going to Moab!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Took a quick look at Blue Sky on my way back from a road ride yesterday afternoon - looked like a mess. Peanut butter mud right now. With the wind today, maybe rideable tomorrow afternoon at the very earliest. Should be good for the weekend.

slow
    Rode the road across Horsetooth again today and it looked much better on Shoreline /Maxwell etc. Should be pretty good tomorrow. Lots of wind and warm goes a long way.
    Last edited by sgltrak; 03-19-2008 at 05:15 PM.

skillz to pay billz
    anyone have snow totals for lyons from the past storm. Or current Hall conditions?

up here in ned almost all of the recent snow is gone. Only the drifts/ice from the winter remain, which is a lot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Did Hall yesterday evening and its dry. Even the loop is fine, only a couple sections of snow in the very shaded areas, maybe 20-30 yards total. Should be great today.

Couldn't tell ya about the Antelope trail

skillz to pay billz
    great thanks