Thread: Dam rain

Thread Terrorist

Dam rain

Rant over with.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Yeah. It's really effing with all the dirt jumps at Valmont and I'm sure every where else.

grumble, grumble, grumble

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I hear New Mexico is nice and dry...

Stand back
    Stopped by Lake Arbor today, and it's in sad shape. Even after it dries, it'll take awhile to get packed in again. Hope GBP is faring better.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    I know a place that will be tacky goodness.

..ouch
    Upside:
    * Slowing down pine beetles.
    * Less things on fire.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure View Post
    Rant over with.
    I'm loving my water bill. My lawn is Jersey green and I don't even have to put the sprinkler on .

The rain does suck, but I was in Keystone on Saturday and though it was cloudy, not a drop of rain. It actually made the climb to the CT very enjoyable.

banned
    double post edit

banned
    i rode my beach cruiser yesterday

Rolling
    Fargen Climate Change.

I say blame the liberals...if not, the Mayans.

...or the mathematicians for that 'sadistical' variance formula.

Yep, dam the rain. It helps with the water supply.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    ...or the mathematicians for that 'sadistical' variance formula.
    Hey wait a minute, what did I do?

I say blame those guys flying around playing with light radars or whatever they are.

Now older but less slow!
    I found West Magnolia enjoyable on Sunday. The moisture has packed down the looser (sandier) terrain and it was quite rideable.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    A major Bridge/culvert over the Blue was washed out Monday night north of Breckenridge. There have been some serious downpours and spectacular lightning displays but it's supposed to start drying out a bit for the rest of the week.

banned
    In 1969 at the Woodstock Festival, various people claimed to have witnessed clouds being seeded by the U.S. military. This was said to be the cause of the rain which lasted throughout most of the festival.

Rolling
    [QUOTE=KarateChicken;8233356]In 1969 at the Woodstock Festival, various people claimed to have witnessed clouds being seeded by the U.S. military. This was said to be the cause of the rain which lasted throughout most of the festival.

I saw fotos. There was definitely rain...... and some seeds sewn

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    I found West Magnolia enjoyable on Sunday. The moisture has packed down the looser (sandier) terrain and it was quite rideable.
    Anyone care to hypothesize on what West Mag will be like this weekend?
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMark View Post
    Anyone care to hypothesize on what West Mag will be like this weekend?
    Dry and busy. Ride it--early. it's going to be hot on the FR. That will be a great ride. Or Sourdough and any other place up that way.

Ride Everything
    Dry and busy. Ride it--early. it's going to be hot on the FR. That will be a great ride. Or Sourdough and any other place up that way.
    Thanks for the info. I haven't been up there in a while, so maybe I'll get up early and get a couple of hours in before things get too busy.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

ride
    I like when peeps complain about the mud this time of year. Mud, what mud? Go high and rocky and it'll be perfect. We rode on perfectly tacky trails tonight immediately following the rain. If it's rocky, sandy, steep enough, or all of the above, it'll be great. Get some!
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    A series of slow moving thunderstorms drifted over my place all last night. It seemed like constant lightning and instantaneous thunder. Oh yeah, it rained a bunch. Sleep typing now.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Light freak

Just need to pick the right trail

Did Apex/Enchanted Forest/Grubstake yesterday morning. Epic conditions. Almost need to bring a machete to clear trail on the climb up. Tall grass smacking you in the thighs and big sticker weeds banging the knuckles on the ride down. Just had tiny grains of sand sticking to my tires when I was done (and in my teeth from smiling so much).

boxcar
    yeah the rain is burly this year, but as others have said, it has made for consistently amazing trail conditions!! usually by this time horsetooth and ginny are bone dry, but they are awesome still even with some washed out sections. it doesn't seem to be affecting the high country rides and resorts too much. i've experienced less rain and storms up near estes, north park, and resorts recently than the front range(although I don't have numbers to support this, just ride up there,dry, and get back to town and it's raining).
    dirt jumps however...bummer, just gettin the dj up and runnin'.

Team Velveeta™

must be a Front Range thing

Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    I like when peeps complain about the mud this time of year. Mud, what mud? Go high and rocky and it'll be perfect. We rode on perfectly tacky trails tonight immediately following the rain. If it's rocky, sandy, steep enough, or all of the above, it'll be great. Get some!
    Up here in Slidey we haven't even started complaining about rain. We have finally gotten some moisture. We got at tiny bit back in mid-May then absolutely nothing but hot wind until about a week ago. It's been scary dry.

That said, my last two rides have been totally killer rain-dodgers. Sunday I rode up to the Silver Creek section of the Rainbow Trail from town. I got a late start so I wasn't up to ~10,000 feet until almost noon, and the clouds were getting lower and darker. It was a good excuse to jump on it and ride like a crazy mofo. The last few miles the sprinkles were coming down and the rumbling was starting. When I got back to 285 big fat drops were falling.

At Poncha Springs I had ridden out of the rain, but a dry lightning bolt flashed just over my shoulder and the thunder crack came less than 2 seconds later--the storm was coming in from the west and it was right on me. I got on the big ring and put my head down.

About 15 minutes later I rolled up to my house, put the bike in the garage, walked inside and the sky opened up. Ha!

Then last night after work; I got suited up for a ride even though it was overcast and clearly raining within site of town. As I got my bike out it started to sprinkle and thunder rumbled. The storm was obviously backing into town from the southeast. I headed to the Arkansas Hills Trail System north and west from my house. The beginning of the rain sprinkled on me for the first half of the ride, then I rode out of it when I got up the hill. Blue skies opened up for the last half. Ha again!

Law of averages will catch up to me though. I'll get my soaking soon enough.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    Busy is a relative thing. Busy for west mag is not the same as busy for picture rock. Whenever I ride something like Schoolbus on a Saturday, I do grumble about the crowds, but really, compared to most "Front Range trails", it will be much cooler and not all that busy.

mtbr member
    I guess I have been using "too much rain" excuses lately...I will give it a spin today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast