Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Cyclist assaulted by police officer @ Critical Mass

This is a nice reminder of how many people think that problem cyclist should be dealt with............

http://gothamist.com/2008/07/28/cop_...lting_cycl.php

I am not defending or condeming the cop or cyclists' actions, just trying to raise awareness of where this 'user conflict' has gone in other (albeit different circumstances) parts of the country

I thought it appropriate given all of the JEFCO *****fest threads as of late.

Once again, my opinion is that WE (read the cyclists) need to police our own actions before we are forced to by the PTB.

C.

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsalty
    This is a nice reminder of how many people think that problem cyclist should be dealt with............

http://gothamist.com/2008/07/28/cop_...lting_cycl.php

I am not defending or condeming the cop or cyclists' actions, just trying to raise awareness of where this 'user conflict' has gone in other (albeit different circumstances) parts of the country

I thought it appropriate given all of the JEFCO *****fest threads as of late.

Once again, my opinion is that WE (read the cyclists) need to police our own actions before we are forced to by the PTB.

C.
    I'd condem his actions; What he did is so incredibly effed up not to mention illegal.

Your retarded
    I had a tree do that same sh!t to me not too long ago.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    That was messed up. Hopefully that cop is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    "If we don't change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going." [SIZE=1]Chinese Proverb[/SIZE]

MTB B'dos

Upset Wtf..........

...... are you a pansy or stupid, how could you not condem that police officers actions Seems that the officer in question has been suspended or the like pending an ivestigation what sort of investigation needs to be carried out to see that the cops an ass who was clearly wrong and compesating the cyclist with some serious cash. I mean seriously, there's audio and at no point do you hear him give any order/warning for the cyclist to stop/yield or see him signal any such action.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsalty
    ...................................I am not defending or condeming the cop or cyclists' actions,...........................

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    WTF!!!!! So what am I missing that the cyclist did differently than the other cyclists? From my point of view, that piece of **** cop just played whack a mole and the cyclist was in the wrong part of the street at the wrong time.

What a prick, looks like the cyclist just fell back towards the curb too. F!

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    ...... are you a pansy or stupid, how could you not condem that police officers actions
    I read that as "I'm not stating my opinion here in an effort to avoid being called a pansy or stupid by my peers."
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

<100%
    Welcome to New York City! Now get yer can off my sidewalk and get outta my sight before I pull out my night stick you piece o crap!

Anyone who is "shocked" by this has never been to NYC. Without that video, there is not one chance in a million that a hundred witness could get that police officer sanctioned in any way. All he has to do it say the cyclist flipped him off. The other cops would laugh and say "good job Joe....I'da given him the night stick".

This is not a commentary on what is right, just how (IMO) it is. NYC Finest.

skillz to pay billz
    ****ed up.

Still on Training Wheels!
    That's freaken crazy!

It almost seems that both the cops new it was coming though, and then there is a dude at the end that rides up and picks up that dudes bike like it was a normal thing.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    ...... are you a pansy or stupid, how could you not condem that police officers actions Seems that the officer in question has been suspended or the like pending an ivestigation what sort of investigation needs to be carried out to see that the cops an ass who was clearly wrong and compesating the cyclist with some serious cash. I mean seriously, there's audio and at no point do you hear him give any order/warning for the cyclist to stop/yield or see him signal any such action.
    My interpretation is that he's trying to balance the rights of a cyclist with the annoyance of critical mass and its participants who (generalization here...) are usually breaking the law in some form or fashion.

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007
    Hmmm... I'd like to see the rest of the video. It appears the cop targeted that specific cyclist, maybe the cyclist did something the videographer chose not to record? Maybe the videographer was in on it? With all the cyclists and recorders, along with the pedestrians, it seems a little absurd that the cop would do something like that to get fired. Then again maybe he didn't like his hipster fixie.
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

Living the High Life
    Did you guys read what the cop put in his report, "Long rode his bike straight into him, knocking them both down and causing a ďlacerationĒ on his arm"

If that's straight into him I must have failed geometry and not even realized it.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

..ouch
    Saw that on the news last night.. the cop has been suspended to desk duty pending investigation and has had his badge and gun taken for the time being.

The real shite part is they are charging the cyclist with 3 charges for something like "impeding traffic". You have to love police abuse.. they assult this guy and then stick him with some crap charges to make it look justified. If this wasn't caught on tape he'd be just another guy getting screwed on both ends.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    That's par for the course. Our finest have become the biggest law breakers out there and are clearly abusing their badges. (Other examples, the off duty Chicago police officer that assaulted a bartender on camera, the Florida deputy that dumped an invalid out of his wheelchair for no apparent reason, I have many other links and stories). My friend was a NYC cop and he said the general attitude by all was to get through the shift without confrontation and putting his a$$ on the line which meant driving the opposite direction when shots were fired and only responding to incidents that dispatch assigned to them. The unfortunate truth is that this video captures one incident, but thousands of other abuses of power are never captured and the victims don't have any course of action.

mtbr member
    I hope Long sues the living b'jesus out of that cop in a personal suit...as well as the NYPD!

...and maybe even the dad for making such a head-in-a$$ comment!

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007
    I must have missed that part, who's the "dad"?
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ban'd4life
    I must have missed that part, who's the "dad"?
    I thought the dad of the cop said, 'you gotta do what you gotta do to get an arrest.'

It was in the 7/29 update. Direct copy from the update:
    Pogan was stripped of his gun and badge pending an investigation. But his father defended him to the Daily News, saying, “You gotta do what you gotta do to make an arrest.”

Shattering Glass
    That's so funny. Good old NY style arrest.

Living the High Life
    Remember, cops are people too. Which means they can be just as lazy and bad at their job as anyone else.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Remember, cops are people too. Which means they can be just as lazy and bad at their job as anyone else.
    ...and get sued for being bad at their job that has consequences w/ the general public, especially when the motto is to serve and protect w/ respect to the general public. Maybe motto should be changed, 'To beat and bludgeon'?
    Last edited by Pau11y; 07-29-2008 at 03:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Instead of stereotyping an entire group of people because of the d!cktard antics of a few I try and use my first hand experience with people when judging them, that being said there are some great police men and women out there.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    That's the most intelligent thing said yet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

officer.....

I would've pedaled right up beside officer cockknuckles and gave em a piece of my Atomlabs right in his porky calves........

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyfan
    I would've pedaled right up beside officer cockknuckles and gave em a piece of my Atomlabs right in his porky calves........
    And that was the least intelligent thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast