mtbr member

The curse continues.....need tubeless recs.

I've got an issue with tearing tires....Tubeless tires seem to last a bit longer, actually much longer but I seem to go through those too. I was very happy with the maxxis ignitor in terms of traction and durability...The michelin Comp S was a pretty good tire, not as durable, not as good of traction but alot faster rolling than the ignitor...the Michelin XCR Dry lasted 8 miles before it got torn.

So I need some recomendations. I'm a bit bigger than your normal xc racer guy at 185lbs..
    What I'm looking for is a xc race tire that gets good traction, good rolling resistance and is durable(doesn't tear easily). I'm willing to give a little on the traction for the durability issue.

Lets hear them.

Flowtronic engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by preparation_h
    I've got an issue with tearing tires....Tubeless tires seem to last a bit longer, actually much longer but I seem to go through those too. I was very happy with the maxxis ignitor in terms of traction and durability...The michelin Comp S was a pretty good tire, not as durable, not as good of traction but alot faster rolling than the ignitor...the Michelin XCR Dry lasted 8 miles before it got torn.

So I need some recomendations. I'm a bit bigger than your normal xc racer guy at 185lbs..
    What I'm looking for is a xc race tire that gets good traction, good rolling resistance and is durable(doesn't tear easily). I'm willing to give a little on the traction for the durability issue.

Lets hear them.
    WTB Weirwolf 2.1 UST? We sell boat loads of that tire and I haven't seen one come back w/ a torn sidewall yet.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

mutaullyassuredsuffering

New XCR or old?

Quote Originally Posted by preparation_h

Lets hear them.

They redesigned the XCR's (UST and standard) this year to have some more sidewall because of numerous complaints. I've been using the XCR Mud which rolls as fast as the XCR dry2 but is more durable. (mid 500 gram range for a standard tire). It's higher volume than a typical 2.0 (more like a 2.25), and grabs as good as the Nobby Nic. It's survived Dakota Ridge, Evergreen stuff, and a trip to Grand Junction so far, and mounted up real easy with Stans.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph. I raced it for a part of last season, fitted a larger version on my trail bike and it survived Porc, Amasa and few other trails in Moab as well as Kokopelli area in Fruita. It is a super fast roller, too.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho