mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Current trail status?

Any word on the conditions right now? I'm looking to ride in the afternoon on wednesday and I'm wondering what would be the best bet so as to not do damage to wet trails. GM? DR/RR/MW? WR? Apex/Chimney?
    Thanks!

percocet pioneer.
    I'd count WR out. The lower half was a mud pit today.

old enough to know better

BoCo?

Any updates on Boulder County trails?

Shread Ready
    Yeah, I'd also appreciate any updates on trail status. I'm hitting the trails or the gym or both. Fiendish!

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Evergreen

It's always good up in Evergreen once the snow melts. Sandy trails with no mud. I know it's 20 minutes away and all...
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

Shread Ready
    Just got back from the first Hog-Back to Matthew Winters ride of the season. I parked right off I-70 and Morrison exit and did the big climb which got a little muddy towards the top. The first section of the hog back was excellent on my bike and my pike 351 took those rocks to town (pfft,pfft,pfft-sound). The next hill on the hog back kinda sucked the big one. Forgot how rugged and rough that section is. Not even really worth trying to ride some of the section. The rest of the hogback was excellent and I almost forgot how much I like that trail. Matthew got somewhat muddy on the climb up the back side to the top but going down was all good. Timing for weather was excellent.

South BoCo

The Doudy Draw / Eldorado Mountain trails are dry other than a few puddles. The wild flowers are out and amazing.

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter
    The Doudy Draw / Eldorado Mountain trails are dry other than a few puddles. The wild flowers are out and amazing.
    Huh, I've never done this trail. How is it and how long? Any info appreciated. Thanks

mtbr member
    Anyone have any info on the stuff up by Lyons?

Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher
    The next hill on the hog back kinda sucked the big one. Forgot how rugged and rough that section is. Not even really worth trying to ride some of the section.
    I've cleaned most of the top but I don't think I'll ever be able to finish the top half of the stairs. I know some do it though. Freaks of nature and skill.

Was it any better with some of the sand washed off the rocks?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Trail status - Lyons/Ned

I rode Hall last night; trail is in decent shape. Started at the Antelope TH and there's some small ruts from runoff but nothing too bad. The top has a couple of puddles but all in all it's in good shape. I also rode West Mag up in Ned this past Saturday; trail is in great shape; tacky and fast...

Cheers.

The area has some new trails south of Boulder - like Spring Brook, Prarie Vista, Flatirons Vista. http://ci.boulder.co.us/files/opensp...y-brochure.pdf