mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. CU campus riding friday/saturday?

I have friday off from work and am planning on riding then, as well as saturday with a pal of mine from the sports garage, although he's iffy. Is anyone into doing a little bit of campus assault on either of those days?
    "I came out for exercise, gentle exercise, and to notice the scenery and to botanise. And no sooner do I get on that accursed machine than off I go hammer and tongs; I never look to right or left, never notice a flower, never see a view--get hot, juicy, red--like a grilled chop. Get me on that machine and I have to go. I go scorching along the road, and cursing aloud at myself for doing it."

--H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by ...
    I have friday off from work and am planning on riding then, as well as saturday with a pal of mine from the sports garage, although he's iffy. Is anyone into doing a little bit of campus assault on either of those days?

i'd be up for it. what time?

i'm off work friday morning, and will need to nap for a few hours before i try and do anything needing any brainpower.

working the next few nights, and my car is in the shop. should have it back by then......... i'd be coming down from north longmont. riding down from here, then urbanin, and riding back would be a painful day, methinks. especially since i'm letting myself get fat this winter so far.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i'd be up for it. what time?

i'm off work friday morning, and will need to nap for a few hours before i try and do anything needing any brainpower.

working the next few nights, and my car is in the shop. should have it back by then......... i'd be coming down from north longmont. riding down from here, then urbanin, and riding back would be a painful day, methinks. especially since i'm letting myself get fat this winter so far.
    I dunno, I will be riding on the new year's cruiser ride thursday night (if you have a cruiser or fun bike join us you lazy dogs. the thursday right is a ****ing riot.) so I imagine 1-2ish on Friday is best for when I recover. Saturday, same thing, I don't expect to be concious before 2 or so. I'm in gunbarrell if you want to ride halfway and hitch a ride in from there. I'm lazy and I'm going to drive to campus.
    "I came out for exercise, gentle exercise, and to notice the scenery and to botanise. And no sooner do I get on that accursed machine than off I go hammer and tongs; I never look to right or left, never notice a flower, never see a view--get hot, juicy, red--like a grilled chop. Get me on that machine and I have to go. I go scorching along the road, and cursing aloud at myself for doing it."

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm still planning on going tomorrow. Gotta break in my new hoops. Probably early on since I want to catch the rose bowl.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ...
    I'm still planning on going tomorrow. Gotta break in my new hoops. Probably early on since I want to catch the rose bowl.
    I could probably join you... keep us posted on time/place...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sorry, ended up riding yesterday instead.... my buddy robb broke his handlebars in half on that drop to the right of the run-in to the big hip at research park, great stuff.