Thread: CU BEATS csu.

VooDoo user.

CU BEATS csu.

Though we did not destroy csu we did beat them.

Buffs are gonna be worth watching this year. Bring on AZ st.

VooDoo user.
    What no comments from the Ft. Fun peeps.
    Guess they know that last years victory was just a fluke.

Stiring the poop pot.

percocet pioneer.
    at least we don't stab people.

and no your team won't be worth watching, they still suck, just less than csu

Open the canned peaches!
    Too bad about CSU, but The Huskers looked good winning on Saturday.

Just sayin.
    Slow is Smooth, and Smooth is Fast.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR

Buffs are gonna be worth watching this year.

You just keep thinking that.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

rubber side down
    Remember when it was no big deal for CU to beat CSU? What happened, proud buff nation? It used to be "business as usual" to beat the little sisters of the poor from Fort Fun. Now, they win in OVERTIME, and it's practically like winning the orange bowl all over again. You might be State Champs for the next 354 days...we'll see what the season brings. CSU looks good-better than last year, and so does CU (that's not hard though). All CSU needs to do is get by BYU, and the Horned Toads of Texas Christian...CU on the other hand has gobs of teams to wade through...I think young Hawkins will need to have some extensive therapy when all is said and done (but he is in the right town for therapy).

R

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'll tell you, the Buffs definitely looked better than I thought they would, but I get the feeling that when they play some of the better teams in the Big 12 that lil' Hawkins is going to have at least a couple interceptions per game. He looked accurate on his passes, but his arm looked pretty weak and the offense they were running had quite a few out routes that had pick 6 written all over it if the DBs were a little quicker.

That said, I think Hawkins (the coach) probably has them on the right track. But I'm not sweating them this year. I think there are still 4 teams better than the Buffs in the North. In a couple years I think they will be closer to where they want to be. Believe it or not, I'm actually hoping that's that case... the Big 12 is better off when Nebraska, CU and KSU are good. The kitties of KSU looked good last night even in a loss.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Don't forget the 'Hawks. 52-7 is a nice spread, even against someone named Central Michigan. This is my first attempt in 30 years at saying something positive about the KU football program (yes they have a football team too), so go easy on me.

VooDoo user.
    I doubt that the Buffs will make it to a Bowl game this year but I'll wager that if we give them a year or 2 they will be unstoppable.

Deffinatley a different team than last year. It's good to see big guys on the OL even if a couple of them are freshmen.

Shattering Glass
    This crap is worst than spam.

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by dash
    This crap is WORSE than spam.
    Let me fix that for you. Must be from CSU.

Shattering Glass
    Let me fix that for you. Must be from CSU.
    This is why I ride. No "my" team is better than your's politics. Just me and the bike and nobody to tell that their no good because they don't ride my bike.

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by dash
    This is why I ride. No "my" team is better than your's politics. Just me and the bike and nobody to tell that their no good because they don't ride my bike.
    Your grammer is giving me a headache.

Seriously though this thread is just for $hits and giggles.

Your bike is incorrigible
    Back in my day at CU we had to wade through ten foot snow drifts to get to 8am classes, and every single class was at 8am. The only thing that could survive those conditions were caribou, so CU hired caribou to teach all the classes. Those were the days when we could beat Notre Dame fair and square, and nobody was going to question us. Nope, not a single bone of contention.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    A win is a win. I don't care if it comes in OT to a pseudo Div 1A team, or if it's a blowout. Glad to see the Lambs go down. Great game.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I doubt that the Buffs will make it to a Bowl game this year but I'll wager that if we give them a year or 2 they will be unstoppable.

Deffinatley a different team than last year. It's good to see big guys on the OL even if a couple of them are freshmen.
    Unstoppable....hahahahahahahahaha

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Back in my day at CU we had to wade through ten foot snow drifts to get to 8am classes, and every single class was at 8am. The only thing that could survive those conditions were caribou, so CU hired caribou to teach all the classes. Those were the days when we could beat Notre Dame fair and square, and nobody was going to question us. Nope, not a single bone of contention.
    Did you watch Notre Dame this weekend?

I would probably not brag about the ability to beat a team that went through 3 QBs in a 33-3 beating

Your bike is incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by TomYoung2424
    Did you watch Notre Dame this weekend?

I would probably not brag about the ability to beat a team that went through 3 QBs in a 33-3 beating
    I was being cryptic and I now realize I should have mentioned that I attended CU from 90 to 95. Back then Notre Dame was IT. We beat them, but there were still some commentators who refused to give CU the number 1 title. My point was that times have changed a lot. And, trust me, I never did like Notre Dame, even when they ranked well.