Heathen

CT Seg7. Goldhill/Copper Mtn?

Anyone ridden this segment? The databook lists it as 'a detour is recommended'. Thinking about trying seg 6, 7 or 8. 6 (Kenosha/Goldhill) looks to be the best.

I'd really like to check out Argintine but can't convince the other guy.

Thread Terrorist
    Its a pusher from the gold hill side. YOu can ride some of it, but eventually it gets tough at altitude and you may be doing some hike-a-bike. But hey, that just means for an epic ride, right?

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Very steep and rocky past Miners creek to the top of the Ten Mile. Lots of pushing and very exposed to lightning. i prefer to do it the other direction and climb the wheeler trail to Wheeler pass then descend to the CT (Miner Creek trail) and climb from there. there is still a fair amount of pushing, but less than the other direction.

Spectacular place to be if the weather allows it, but the riding itself is sketch. Expect to average something like 5 or 6 MPH.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The official CTF detour...

is up Peak 9 of Breck ski resort. Climb the Peak 9 access road past the top of the ski area to the Wheeler trail. Take the Wheeler trail west over the saddle between Peaks 8 and 9 and drop down to Copper. It's a 3,000 foot descent in 3 miles. You connect back up with the CT about halfway down. It's all ridable.

Heathen
    Thanks all. I think I'll skip this part of the CT for now.