Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cross - 29er dilemma

924 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jl 
#1 ·
I curretly have a Surly Cross Check 53cm that I don't ride any more (like the mountains too much I guess). And i'm hoping to trade that for a comparably equiped 29er (15" or 16"). However, i'm not sure how feasable a trade is going to be as, there aren't alot of people who have 29ers, and who are looking for a cross bike. I'm also entertaining the idea of selling her but i'm not sure how much she is worth, anybody have any idea?

Not trying to be spam, but if anyone is interested PM me.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry, can't help you with the trade - nobody wants to get rid of their 29er's because they are said to add 45% to your girth, and enable you to clean obstacles like the Hillary Step without so much as pedalling - but, check this out if you decide to sell. It should give you a good idea where to start on pricing. They're all CX bikes, for the record.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...ines&category=Cyclocross+Bikes&query=category

#5 ·
Yup - Everest.

And I wasn't talking wheel girth, anybody who has so much as ventured into the 29er forum will attest to the fact that even thinking about riding a non-kiddie wheeled bike will dramatically increase your uh, manhood. Hell, I gained a solid 1.5" of length after visiting it for the first time - that's a solid 100% gain, just for looking!!

:)

#6 ·
ah, Sir Edmund H. I'm not much of a climber. I was hoping that was on a trail somewhere around here, damn.
Yeah the peeps over on the 29er board have started their own little cult.

So i post the bike up on Craigs list stating its a SS (and a pic with no gears it is a non-drive side pic though) and someone has already asked me what shifters and derailures it has. Some times i love people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.